Chpt 40: Rink-O-Mania

For the next couple of days, i just stayed in my room and only came out for food. I haven't spoken to my mother since one of our many fights.

This wasn't the worst one we've had since i have been home, but i still think she has taken it too far. I was packing my bag as i was leaving for the airport today to go to California.

Seeing El was the only thing that got me through the week. Once i finished packing my bag, i heard a small knock at my door. My mom walked in with a cold look on her face.

"You ready?" she asked. I nodded as i walked past her. I loaded my suitcase into the the car and got in the front seat.

I began putting on my headphones until my mom took them off me. I rolled my eyes. "So are we going to talk or what?" she asked. "There's nothing to talk about" i mumbled.

She scoffed. "When are you going to get your haircut again? That fringe hides your face" she said. "Joyce cut my hair before you forced me to move back. I like it!" i snapped back.

"Jesus alright! I was just saying!" she exclaimed. We drove the rest of the way in silence. Once we arrived at the airport, i began opening the door until i heard it lock.

"What now?" i questioned. "I wanted to say sorry... For what i said about Jim. I miss him too you know" she said. "Yeah, sure" i said trying to unlock the door. It locked again immediately.

She gave me a small smile as she brushed the hair out of my face. "Have fun. I'll see you when you get back" she said. I gave her a small, fake smile. "I'll see you soon mom" i said getting out of the car.

"Wait! I also packed your book on your bedside table. But it had this dead flower inside. Will i throw it out?" she asked taking the flower out of her pocket. "No!" i exclaimed as i grabbed it off of her.

She gave me a strange look. "It's... Its an English class thing" i said with a fake laugh. She nodded and gave me a judgmental look. "Well, i'll see you later" i said as i slammed the door.

After a long flight, i finally arrived in California. I walked through security and finally saw a familiar face. "Mike?" i questioned. He turned around and my bright smile turned into a judgmental look.

He was wearing a colourful bucket hat, large shorts and a bright yellow shirt over his t-shirt. He was also carrying bright yellow flowers which i was guessing were for El. "Joy!..Hey" he said noticing me looking him up and down.

I shook it off as i forced a smile. I walked with him to the gate as we looked for El. I felt like crying when i saw her. She stood up and waved with a bright smile across her face.

She ran straight past Mike and embraced me tightly causing me to nearly fall to the ground. "I missed you" she mumbled into my shoulder. "I missed you too... So much" i said.

She turned around and hugged Mike tightly. I gave Will and Johnathan a small wave. They waved back and i saw both of their smiles drop as they stared behind me.

"What?" i questioned. I turned around and took a step back as i saw a guy with long hair inches away from me. "Half your hair is purple" he said. He grabbed the bottoms of my hair and began looking at the faded purple bottoms.

"Nice observation... Could you maybe back up now?" i asked sarcastically. He laughed and took a step back. "Joy, this is my friend Argyle... He's weird" Johnathan said. "You mean he's high" Will mumbled.

He looked down at my top and his mouth fell open. "Is that a Bob Marley t-shirt?" he questioned. "Um... Yeah" i said. "That's... That's ... Wow" he mumbled. "Okay! Moving on" Johnathan exclaimed as he gave me a fake smile.