Chpt 50: Just Like Her Damn Father

I woke up in the cabin and looked around for Steve. It was dark outside so i presumed we woke up early. I couldn't see him so i presumed he was in one of the other rooms. I jumped at the sound of record player beginning to play.

The song playing was "You Don't Mess Around With Jim" by Croce. That was always my dads favourite song. I stood up and began walking towards the record player. "Steve? Were you messing with my record player?" i called out.

There was no response. "Steve, seriously stop messing with me" i said. I heard a loud noise coming from my old room as i began walking inside.

As i walked in, i saw a figure who wasn't Steve. They turned around slowly as they revealed their face. "Jake?" i questioned. Jake stood there as he looked me up and down. "What is wrong with you?" he mumbled.

"What.... What are you doing here?" i asked. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" he shouted.
I jumped back at the sound of his voice. "Look Jake, you need to leave. Steve's here. If you try anything he'll-"

"He'll what? Beat the shit out of me like you did? I remember that night at the Byers house. You almost killed me. And you liked it. I saw it in your face" he said as he walked towards me. "I didn't... Jake leave" i said as i backed up.

"You... You could have killed me. Like you killed Liz. Like you almost killed Steve. And how you killed your dad."

I ran out of the room as Jake chased me. I tried to open the front door but he grabbed me and threw me back before i could escape. I slowly looked up and felt all the air in chest leave my body.

Instead of Jake standing there, i saw Vecna. "It's your turn Joy" he said as he walked towards me. I began screaming and shouting for Steve, waiting for him to come in, but he didn't.

I tried to crawl away but i had no where to turn too. Vecna continued walking towards me as i closed my eyes. I just waited for anything to happen.

"Joy! Joy! Wake up!" i heard a distant voice shout.

I took a gasp of air as i shot up out of bed. I felt tears streaming around my face as i looked around. I was back in the cabin but it was brighter.

"You were shouting in your sleep. Are you okay?" he questioned. "Are you real?" i questioned as i tugged on his face. "Um... Pretty sure" he said with a confused look.

I wrapped my arms around him as i closed my eyes. "Joy... What the hell happened?" he mumbled as he hugged me back. I shook my head as i didn't say anything.

"Was it Vecna?" he questioned. "Yeah" i mumbled. Steve sighed. "The faster we kill this son of a bitch, the faster we get the old, mean Joy back" he said trying to cheer me up.

I let out a small laugh. "I'm not sure you'd like that, Harrington" i said as i pulled out of his embrace. "I'm pretty sure i would, Hopper. I'm not liking this, floating in the air, possessed crap."

"I'm not the biggest fan either" i said wiping my tears away. He stood up and put out his hand. "Now come on. We have to go bring an innocent criminal some food with the others" he said.

I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up. "Wait... What are you talking about?" i asked. "Eddie. We have to bring him some food" he said. "Eddie? Eddie Munson? We're going to see Eddie Munson right now?" i questioned.

"Yeah... Why are you so freaked out?" he asked. I groaned. "Me and Eddie... Well... We might have... You know... Back in the day we..." i stuttered. Steve gave me a confused look.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "Me and Eddie had sex!" i exclaimed. His confused look turned into disgust. "You had sex with Eddie the freak Muson?!" he exclaimed.