Chpt 47: The Creel House

"Of course! Of course it's creepy! I knew this place would feel like we're in a horror movie but does it have to look like it too!" i exclaimed as we all stood in front of the abandoned old Creel house.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked as he tried to open the door. "We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna" Nancy said as she helped him.

"Because Max saw it in Vecnas red soup mind world?" he questioned. "Basically" Nancy replied. "Great."

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max" Dustin said.

"Or... Maybe he's in there" i said. "Guess we'll find out" Max said. Steve began trying to wiggle the doorknob but nothing was working. "This door isn't going to budge" he said in frustration.

"Maybe your just not trying hard enough" i said pushing him out of the way. I tried to wiggle the door knob but it didn't work. He gave me a condescending smirk when he saw i couldn't do it.

"So what, do we just knock and see if Vecnas home?" Lucas asked sarcastically. "No need" Robin said as we all turned to her. "I found a key" she said holding up a brick.

Robin threw the brick through the window above the door as we finally got inside. "Hello? Anyone home?" i called out as we walked into the house. "Shhh!" Steve exclaimed. "What? Do you think Vecna is just going to walk down the stairs in his bath-robe and kill us?" i questioned.

"I mean... It's a possibility" he mumbled as i rolled my eyes. Lucas tried to turn on the lights but they didn't work. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill" he said.

Dustin smirked as he pulled out flashlights. "Where did you get those?" Steve asked. "Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child " Dustin snapped. "Thank you" Steve said sarcastically as i let out a small laugh.

"Hey, guys?" Max called out from the other room. "You all see that, right?" she said as she stood under a huge grandfather clock. "Yeah" we all replied. "Good. So i'm not going completely crazy."

"Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asked. Max nodded. "I mean... It's just a clock, right?" Robin questioned. "Why is this wizard so obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's like a, clockmaker or something?" Steve said.

"I think you cracked the case Steve" i said. "What is up your ass today?" Steve snapped. "I don't know. Maybe it's all your dumb questions" i snapped back.

"Guys! Not the time" Nancy exclaimed as we both went quiet. "The answers are here. In this house. They have to be... Somewhere" Max said.

"Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Max and Lucas stay together and look downstairs, Dustin and Joy, look after Robin and..." Nancy said but stopped as she realised who's left.

"I'll stick with you Nance" Steve said with a small smile. I gave them both a confused look. Last time i saw them, they didn't even talk. And now they want to go try find Vecna together? It's... Weird.

"No! I mean... I'll stick with Nancy and Joy, you stay with Steve" Robin said standing next to Nance. I gave her an annoyed glare as we all stood there uncomfortably. "What? I don't need a babysitter. Dustin you go with Lucas and Max" she said.

Steve sighed as he walked up the stairs. "Was that a sigh?" i questioned angrily. "No, i did not sigh" Steve mumbled. "Why did you sigh?" i asked. "I didn't sigh, Joy! Just... Come on."

"I heard you" i said. "It's just we're always partners, okay?" Steve exclaimed. "And what? I'm not a good partner?"

"I never said that! It would just be nice... To mix it up a little bit!" he said. "Mix it up a little bit with Nancy you mean" i mumbled under my breath. "Sorry, what was that?" Steve questioned.