Chpt 58: Lock The Door

(smut warning😁...)

"Where are we going, Harrington?" i asked putting my feet on the dash board.

He gave me an annoyed glare as i slowly put my feet back on the floor. "I have no idea. You have any ideas?" he asked. I looked out at the roads and realised where we are. "Turn" i said. "Huh?"

"Turn now! Steve turn!" i shouted. "There's a fence there!" he exclaimed. "I know but just turn right now!" i shouted. Steve shook his head and bit his lip as he reluctantly turned and crashed into the fence.

Everyone in the van screamed as the car swerved left and right. Steve finally pushed on the breaks as everyone flung forward. "Ow man! What the hell was that!" Lucas exclaimed after hitting his head on the floor.

"Yeah, Steve! What the hell was that!" i exclaimed trying to hide my smile. "I'm going to kill you... Do you know that?" he mumbled. "Well your in luck! Because that Vecna creep might just do that for you" i said climbing out of the caravan.

The only person who laughed at my joke was Max and Erica... But i was just glad someone appreciated my humour.

"Now, we got to set all this stuff up" Nancy said. "We have to fix this gun so i can have a better shot at killing Vecna and we need to-"

"And we need hero outfits!" Eddie interrupted. Everyone glared at him. I saw his excited smile fade. "Like... In lord of the rings?... The armour?... Or in the comics... Like the superhero suits?" he stuttered trying to defend his words.

The only person who agreed with him was Dustin. I felt Steve lean towards me. "Really? That guy? You fell for that guy?" he whispered into my ear.

I shrugged not really knowing how to defend my actions. "Right... Let's just get this over and done with. And quickly please... We don't have much time" Nancy said.

Dustin and Eddie began making shields out of trash cans and nails... But they were really just goofing around. We all let it slide though. We could use more of their optimistic attitude.

Nancy and Max we're trying to fix Nancys shot gun for better aim whilst Lucas and Erica were trying to make spears... But desperately failing. Ans Robin and Steve were making bombs out of gasoline and vodka.

I was going to help... I really was... But decided to steal one of the vodka bottles for myself instead. I sat in the caravan looking at the walkman i took from Nancys house in the upside down. I couldn't help but laugh at this whole fucked up situation.

If i had told myself from three years ago what was happening right now, i'd probably laugh in my face. I looked through the caravans cabinets and grabbed a shot glass.

I poured the vodka into a shot glass and held it up. "Cheers dad" i said to myself as i gulped the drink in one. I knew if my dad was here, he wouldn't give Vecna even the smallest chance of hurting me... But he wasn't here... So i to do that myself.

I jumped slightly as i heard the door to the van open. I let out a sigh of relief as i saw it was just Steve. "Are we celebrating?" he asked seeing the vodka.

I laughed. "I wouldn't call it that. More of a last hurrah" i said jokingly. Steve's smile faded. He went quiet as he sat down on the sofa, staring at the ground.

I sighed feeling the tension. "You want one?" i asked sitting beside him. "I shouldn't" he mumbled. "But you want to" i said already pouring him one. Steve sighed. "Go on. One then."

He laughed as we cheered. "To living" he said. "Or to dying a badass death" i said downing the drink. I looked up to see Steve didn't drink his. He laid it down on the coffee table as he sat up.