Chpt 55: Trust

Steves POV:

"See you on the other side" i said as i gave Joy a small smile. "On the other side" she mumbled as she grabbed the rope. As i watched Joy about to climb the rope, i suddenly noticed her standing there very still.

"Joy?" i said. She still stood still. "Hey, Joy, come on we have to get out of-" i began to say as i turned her around but cut myself off once i saw her dreary, bloodshot eyes.

"Oh god" i uttered as i realised we were too late. She had lasted a couple of hours without her walkman but it was too late. Vecna had found her once again.

Nancy gasped as she put her hand over her mouth once she saw her. "Okay, come on Joy! Not again come on!" i shouted as i tried to shake her out of the trance.

Everyone through the other side of the gate looked as if they had seen a ghost. "Get some music! Anything just get something!" i shouted at them as they all began to look for some.

"Come on Joy! Please!"

Joys Pov:

I looked around at the garden of my childhood as i felt the dead grass sticking into my hand. I stood up quickly as i began to panic.

"Steve! Nancy! Please! Robin! Anyone please!" i screamed as i pleaded for someone to do something, anything.

I ran into the house as i looked for anything to protect myself with. As i ran in, i saw a figure standing in the living room. I already knew who it was. But i didn't want it to be true.

"Dad" i mumbled with a shakey voice. As he turned around, i saw my dad with burns and bruises all over his body. I let out a gasp as i felt tears form in my eyes.

"Welcome home, Bambi" he said in a chilling tone.

I ran through the house as i knew i could not face him. I ran and ran through the halls and ran into a room. As i went inside, i realised i was not in my house anymore. I was somewhere else. Somewhere i had never been before.

The room was dark and plain. No painting on the walls, no furniture. Just a chair with a young boy in it as someone tattooed something on his arm. I tried to see who the man who was tattooing the boy was but he had his back turned to me.

"All done. Not so bad, was it? See there's nothing to be afraid of. Is there, Joy?" the man said as he turned to me. I took a step back as i realised the man was Dr. Brenner. I remembered his face from the newspapers about the lab.

His eyes were like black holes as he looked right through me. "Why don't you take a seat?" he said but this time it wasn't his voice. It was Vecnas.

I ran out of the room and looked around at my surroundings. I was in a lab with dead people laying all around. There was blood spattered all over the walls as the lights flickered.

I continued running until i saw a door that had been barricaded with wooden planks. I began yanking them off the door as fast as i could. "Joy. What are you doing. It's not time for you to leave yet" i heard Vecna say.

I turned around to see Vecna walking slowly towards me. I tried to get the door open quicker as i heard his footsteps getting closer. "Now you've seen where i've been, i would very much like to show you where i am going."