Chpt 56: Death Day

"Check this out. The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for... well, uh, killing things, basically" Eddie said as he showed us an advertisement for the hunting store.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns for us to kill him?" i asked. "Wait a minute, is that a grenade?! How is any of this legal?" Robin questioned. "Well lucky for us it is."

"How far away is this place?" Dustin asked. "Just outside Hawkins. We need to stay off the roads to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks" Eddie said.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to a place called the war zone" Erica said. I smirked at her cockiness. "Normally i'd agree but we need weapons. And we need them now" Nancy said.

"Woah. Who needs fake Rambo when we have the real thing right here" i said as i pointed my head towards Nancy. "Wait, if this is outside of town will we have enough time to bike all the way back? That will take all day" Lucas said.

"Who said anything about cars?" Eddie said with a smirk.

"What you got some secret car we don't know about?" Steve asked. "It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine. But it will do... But we are gonna need a ski mask or something. Red, have you got anything like that?" Eddie asked. Max raised her eyebrows as she tilted her head.

"A Michael Myers's mask? Are you serious?" i asked as Eddie put the mask on his head. "Do you happen to have another idea?" Max questioned. I paused. "Well... No" i mumbled. "Then let's just get this over and done with."

We all ran quietly behind Eddie as he ran towards his neighbours caravan. He carefully slid the window open and hopped inside. We all tumbled in after him. "Yeah, i'm not doing that" Erica said as he folded her arms.

"Yes you are" Lucas whispered angrily. "No. I'm not. And i'd like to see you all try and get me to" she snapped. "Jesus you really didn't read that book i gave you, huh?" i said as i bit my tongue.

"I found it quite hypocritical coming from you" she said. "Ouch. That hurt. Now move your ass and get inside!" i exclaimed. She stayed still. "Fine. Stay here. I hope Vecna won't come home early. You do know that there is a gate right next to us so he'll probably come get you first."

She rolled her eyes as she reluctantly jumped through the small window. I smirked at Steve. "I still got it" i mumbled as i jumped through.

Steve, Robin and i walked up behind Eddie as he hot wired the caravan. "Where did you learn how to do this?" Steve asked. Eddie laughed. "Ask her" he said as he gave me a smirk.

Steve and Robin gave me a judging look as i shook my head. "Anyways... I feel i should mention that i'm not 100% comfortable with you driving" i said to Eddie.

"Yeah i second that" Robin said. "Oh i'm just starting this sucker. Harringtons got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie said giving Steve a big smile.

"I am?" Steve questioned. The engine let out a loud noise. "Yes you are" i said pushing him towards the drivers seat. We all fumbled back as Steve hurdled towards the wheel.

The owners of the caravan began banging on the windows and shouting at us to get out. "Everybody hold onto something!" Steve shouted as we all grabbed a hold of the caravan.

"Drive Steve drive!" Dustin shouted as Steve stepped on the gas. We all flung around the caravan as Steve drove as fast as he could.

"Shit. They look pissed" Lucas said. "I mean it's not everyday you loose your house and your car in one fell swoop!" Robin exclaimed.

We continued our journey to the weapon store as i slumped in the front seat next to Steve. "That was... Something" i said with a small chuckle. "Yeah... It sure was" Steve said as he tried to hide his smile.

"I think it's good you know. All of this chaos Especially now. I'm enjoying it while i can" i said with a smile. Steve's small smile faded. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I just mean, this whole Vecna thing, you know we're not going to ask Max to be the bait. It's going to be me. I want it to be me. If i survive good. If i don't, oh well. I had fun. I mean, we just stole a caravan and now we're going to buy grenades? Are you kidding me?" i said with laughter.

"First of all, we're not going to buy grenades. Second of all, your not going to be the bait" Steve said as he kept his eyes on the road. "So you want Max to be the bait?... The fifteen year old?" i questioned.

"No! I didn't say that! None of you are going to be the bait. We'll find another way to get Vecna, alright?" he snapped. I rolled my eyes and playfully put my chin in my hands.

"So if i do die, i want to do everything i wanted to do. Well, not everything because we're in Hawkins and we have only one day but still. I want to do some stuff" i said.

Steve scoffed. "Oh come on. Please help" i said. "I'm not helping you have a 'death day'. Your not going to die so stop acting like it."

I sighed. "Your gonna wish you spoke to me differently when i'm gone" i said sarcastically. "What is wrong with you?!" he exclaimed as i laughed.

"Okay, seriously. Just help me do a few things" i said. Steve sighed angrily. "Like what?" he mumbled. "Like stopping right now" i said.

"What?" he asked in confusion. "Stop right now!" i exclaimed as he pushed the brakes suddenly. Everyone jolted forward. "What the hell Steve?!" everyone exclaimed.

I laughed as i got out of my seat quickly. "Thank you" i said as i gave him a small kiss on the cheek. Steve was dumbfounded as i ran out of the van.

I quickly ran into the small, beat up gas station that had no customers. I looked around until i finally found what i was looking for.

I looked around at the shopkeeper who was to busy smoking and reading the newspaper to realise i was even there. I sneakily shoved what i needed into my bag.

I walked towards the til and grabbed a box of cigarettes. "Is that all?" he asked as he continued reading the paper. "That's all" i said with a smile.

I gave him the only bit of money i had left and ran back out to everyone who was eagerly waiting for me. "What the hell was that? You do realise we don't have all day?!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Sorry! I just had to grab a few things. I wasn't even five minutes!" i exclaimed back as i put my hands up in surrender. "A box of cigarettes? Are you serious? That's what we stopped for?" Steve questioned in irritation. "That's not all we stopped for" as i reached into my bag.

"Pink hair dye?" Erica questioned.

"Yes. It's a near death experience essential. Now come on. We don't have all day" i said mockingly as Steve started up the car.

Authors note: I know this chapter wasn't long but we only have a few chpts left until it's over for a while!!