Chpt 31: The Secret Room

Robin ran out of the store as she grabbed all the money from the tip jar. "Hey Robin! Where are you going?!" Steve exclaimed. "I'm going to find a way to get into that room. A safe way! So while i'm gone, behave, sling ice cream and Joy, don't beat anyone up!" Robin shouted as she left.

Steve looked over at Dustin who was licking his scooper. "Hey man! Not my scooper" Steve said grabbing the scooper off of him.

We all waited patiently for Robin to return. Once she did come back, she laid a huge map on the table. "Star court mall. The complete blueprints"she said. "Not bad" Steve mumbled as Robin gave him a small smile.

I gave them both a disgusted glare as they smiled. "So, this us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get too" Robin said pointing at the blueprint. "I mean, i don't really see a way in" i said.

"There's not, if your talking exclusively about doors" she said. "Air ducts!" Dustin exclaimed. "Exactly."

"Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts lead all the way to here" she said circling the secret room on the map.

Steve began taking the front of the vent off the wall. "Yeah, i don't know man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's super tight" Steve said looking in the vent. "I'll fit. Trust me. No collarbones remember" Dustin said as he began getting inside the vent.

"Excuse me?" Robin questioned. "Oh he's got some sort of disease. It's em... Chrydo... Chrydo something. He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like gumbo" i said. "You mean, gumby?" she questioned.

"I'm pretty sure it's gumbo" Steve said. "Guys, just shut up and push me!" Dustin exclaimed. "Alright, jeeze" Steve said as he tried to push Dustin through.

He grabbed Dustins feet and tried to push him through. "No not my feet dumbass. My ass. Push my ass!"

"What?" Steve asked. "Push my butt! I don't care!" Dustin shouted. Steve reluctantly started trying to push Dustin through the vent by pushing his butt.

"Push harder!" Dustin shouted. "I am pushing!" Steve shouted back. They both continued arguing as Dustin would not budge. Robin shook her head in disappointment as i rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, we both heard the bell from the til ringing. "Excuse me? All hands on deck! Hello, sailors!" the little girl exclaimed. I saw Robin eyes light up. "What?" i questioned. "I have an idea" she said with a smirk.

Robin called the little girl in and told her they needed someone to go through the vent. Dustin told me that the little girl was called Erica and she was Lucases little sister. I was surprised at this because Lucas always seemed so nice but Erica... She was so mean.

"Hmm, yeah i don't know" Erics said looking through the vent. "You don't know if you can fit?" Dustin questioned. "No, i know i can fit. I just don't know if i want to" she said.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Robin asked. Erica scoffed. "I don't have phobias." "Okay, well, what's the problem?" Steve asked. "The problem is, i still haven't heard what's in this for Erica" she snapped.

Steve rolled his eyes as he looked at me. "I might know something" i said with a smirk. I convinced Steve and Robin to make Erica lots of ice cream and milkshakes.

We put them all on the table in front of her. Steve slid over an ice cream sundae. "No fudge please" Erica said sliding it back. Steve bit his tongue in anger as he went to make her another one.

"Alright, you see this?" Robin said pointing at the map of the mall. "This is the route your going to take. Then we just wait till the last delivery goes out tonight. Then you knock out the grate, jump down and open the door."