Chpt 54: Time Travel Shit

Once we finally arrived at Nancy's house, we all looked around at the vines that surrounded all the walls. It looked exactly like her house but more... Creepier.

"Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler" i said as i looked around. "Come on. I don't want to stay here longer than we have to" Nancy said as we followed her upstairs.

We walked into Nancys room as she began looking for her walkman and her disks. "Got it" she said as she grabbed a box from her shelf. As she opened it, we saw that instead of a walkman there was shoes.

"Thanks for the offer Nance but i think i'd rather just have the walkman" i said sarcastically. "I don't understand" she mumbled under her breath. "Maybe you left it somewhere else" Eddie said.

Nancy began frantically looking through her night stand. "My guns! My guns were right here and now they're gone!" she exclaimed as she looked through the empty shelves. "This isn't really the time to be misplacing things Nance" Robin said.

"Look, there's a six year old in the house, i don't just forget where my guns are!" she exclaimed. Nancy walked back over to us as she looked at the shoes. "I threw these out years ago."

We all gave her a confused look. "And these notes. These are from sophomore chemistry. I threw these out years ago too. And this! This is old wallpaper" she said pointing at her wall.

"So what? We just magically went back in time?" i questioned sarcastically with a small laugh. She stayed quiet as she began looking around her room. "Nancy? Your kinda freaking me out" Robin said .

"I think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet" Nancy mumbled. "They don't... Exist?" Eddie questioned through gritted teeth. "This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6th 1983."

"The date El opened the gate" i said. "Exactly" Nancy said. "So... This is some time travel shit?" i questioned. "We're in the past?!" Robin exclaimed.

"Dustin! Dustin!" Steve yelled from downstairs. We all ran downstairs to see what the hell he was screaming about. "Dustin! Hello can you here me! Hello!" he shouted as he looked around the empty room.

"Maybe he really does have rabies" Robin whispered. "Steve what are you doing?" i asked. "Hello!" she shouted as he pointed the flashlight at us. We all squinted at the brightness.

"He's here. Henderson. That little shit he's here. He's like... In the walls or something. Just listen" Steve said. I was about to roll my eyes until i heard Dustin faded voice.

"What. The. Hell" Eddie mumbled. "How is this happening?" Robin questioned. Then it clicked. "Will found a way. To talk to Joyce through the lights!" i exclaimed.

I began trying to turn on every light and flick on every light switch but nothing was working. "Guys?" Steve mumbled. I turned around to see one light glowing but it wasn't turned on from a light switch.

Nancy put her hand near the light and it got brighter. "Woah" i whispered. We all began putting our hands near the light and it shone more.

"It... Tickles" Steve said. "Yeah. It kinda feels... Good" Robin said. It took all my might to not say "that's what she said."

"Does anyone know morse code?" Nancy asked. "No" everyone replied. "I do" i said with a smirk as everyone gave me a confused glare. "I think you guys forget who saved your asses when Will was using morse code when he got possessed by the Mind Flayer."

I began using the SOS code in the lights trying to catch anyones attention. "Hello?" we heard a voice say. We all cheered as we realised they finally noticed us. I continued using morse code and waited for a reply.

"Wait! Stay right there!" Dustin exclaimed. "Where the hell does he think we're going to go?" Eddie questioned in annoyance. The kids began using one of Nancys little sisters toys so they could communicate better with us.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?!" Dustin shouted. Nancy began writing "Yes" with the lights as the kids cheered. Nancy then began writing "Stuck."

"Okay so you guys can't get out of water gate?" he asked. "What the hell is water gate?" Steve asked. "Because it's a gate and it's in water?" Robin suggested. "Okay um..." Nancy mumbled as she began writing "Guarded."

"Guarded? Okay so... Water gates guarded!" Lucas exclaimed. "Okay we think we have a theory that can help with that!" Dustin said. "Genius child" Robin said. "We think water gate isn't the only gate. There might be a gate at every murder site."

"Does anybody know what he's talking about?" i asked. "No" everyone said. Nancy wrote a question mark as we didn't understand. "Okay seriously! How many times do i have to be right on the money before you guys just trust me!" Dustin shouted.

"Jesus. This kids got to get his ego in check" Steve said. "It's his tone, right?" Eddie said. "I know!" i exclaimed. "Okay so... How far is your trailer?" Nancy asked Eddie.

"About seven miles" he said. Nancy nodded. "Okay Nancy... I know your house is like weirdly, creepily, frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" Robin asked

Nance let out a sigh of relief as we all ran down to her garage. We all grabbed a bike and made our way to Eddies trailer.

Once we arrived at Eddies trailer, we were greeted by a large gate on Eddies ceiling. "That's where Chrissy died" Eddie mumbled. Suddenly, we saw something trying to make its way through the gate.

"What the hell is that?" Robin questioned. We all jumped as the gate opened. It looked like a broom poking through the gate. We slowly made our way towards it and let out a sigh of relief to see Erica, Lucas and Dustin standing at the other side.

They all waved with big smiles on their faces. "Hi there!" Dustin said with laughter. We all waved back and put on a fake smile. Eddie lugged over his mattress and pushed it through the gate. I gave him an odd look as i saw the mattress.

"Those stains are uh.... I don't know what those stains are" he mumbled. "Sure" Robin said with a disgusted look. We grabbed some of his sheets and tied them together to make a rope.

We threw it through the other side and tugged on it to see if we could climb it. "You first" i said as i shoved Robin ahead of me. She rolled her eyes as she climbed to rope. She landed on the mattress through the other side and seemed unharmed.

Eddie went next and seemed happier than ever to be out of the upside down. "Your turn, Hopper" Steve said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I guess so" i mumbled as a wave of fear came over me. "See you on the other side" he said with a weak smile. "On the other side."Steve boosted me up as i climbed the rope. As i made it through the other side i let myself fall.

Unlike the others, i began falling through a pool of darkness. I let out a scream as i fell onto a hard floor. I groaned as i tried to catch my breath from being winded.

I looked around and realised where i was. I was back in my backyard of the old house where i used to live with my mom, Sarah and my dad.

The rose bush that my mom loved was alive but everything else in the garden was dead. I was confused at first but then i felt my breathing stop as i realised.

Vecna.