ɪ. ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʟɪꜰᴏʀɴɪᴀ

Tw - abusive household

Just get some shoes on, grab your stuffed animal and blanket

And please, Viola, be quiet.

MAX GAVE VIOLA A huge smile as they stomped around in the creek that was hidden in the woods behind Max's house

Their shoes and socks were thrown to the side on the leaf covered floor next to Max's skateboard and Viola's purple bike.

They did this every Sunday afternoon. The day before school. But this Sunday was way more important than any other Sunday. This Sunday would be the last time they would do this. The last time they would do anything together.

The last time they would play in the creek. The last time they would ride home together. The last time they would hold hands, hug, watch movies, have sleepovers.

The last time they would be together.

That's what they thought at least.

Viola knew it was because of her mom marrying someone new. Max had told her all about Neil and his son Billy. Viola didn't like Billy, he scared her.

Max revealed this at the start of the week that she would be leaving California the Monday morning of next week. Viola was devastated to say the least. Max had been the only thing keeping her sane throughout the year, because of things happening at home.

She hated that she was mad. The brunette couldn't do anything about it though. She was powerless.

Viola had no other friends. Besides from Max all she had was her brother, Oliver, and her older sister, Savannah. That was it.

"It's almost time for me to go.." Max mumbled as they sat on a large rock next to the creek, the bottom of their jeans dampened as their feet dangled into the running water. Viola's smile turned into a frown. "It's okay. I know we'll see each other again." She said, trying to lighten the mood. "Besides, we can always call, and if you visit your dad we can see each other."