Step Siblings || 14 (1/2)

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 20.

"Kook, please get ready for me, I'm sure you gonna like them. They are so nice people"

Jiho says after knocking at Jungkook's door. He remains silent, thinking how imperfect the picture of his family was. He was just four when his dad appeared so strange to him. He suddenly used to be alcoholic and wasted. He started to abuse his mother, as well as Jungkook. Though Jungkook wants to erase his biological father from his memories for ever, the unpleasant memories he gave remain sternly in his mind. When Jiho opened up about her twelve months, a year relationship, Jungkook faced a shock for a while because he actually isn't ready to welcome a new family right now. His mind kept bothering and fearing him, fearing to have a new person as his father when his biological father has done the worst to him.

"Give me some minutes, mom... I'll come out soon"

He mumbles out and doubts whether she hears that, but sighs when she stops knocking the door, means she has heard it.

"I don't know what to do. Will he love me like a real father? How can I believe someone else when my biological father did me the worse I could ever ask for? But mom need a life supporter to spend her life, I cleary know that I never can give her that comfort. No matter how much money we have, I cannot buy it to her. What should I do?"

He places his head on the bed as he's sitting on the floor, while his eye corner glimpses a glance of the photo of a girl.

"Yes...I'm asking you, dear. Please answer me"

He closes his eyes while her smile replays in his mind.

"Atleast mom will be happy"

He mumbles to himself and stands up, straightening his clothes.

"Thank you, princess"

He sighs softly at the picture of the girl and walks out from the room to meet a worried Jiho.

"Mom, we will leave soon"

He smiles in tiny and next, he feels Jiho's hug.

"Thank you Kook. But still you have time to change the decision. You are my priority"

"Being your priority doesn't give me rights to snatch your future away from you, mom. You have sacrificed enough things for the sake of me, now it's time to enjoy your life..."

Jungkook says in the softest voice he belongs, while an unnoticed sigh leaves his mouth.

--

Jiho parks the vehicle infront of a mantion, it's luxurious as their's. Jungkook takes a detailed look before hopping away from the car. Jiho takes strides to the giant door as if she's too familiar with the place. The sound of the bell fails to make Jungkook raise up his lower hanging head, but the middle aged man who appeared next does. He looks kind, but Jungkook couldn't process what his reaction should be. Should he bove? Or shaking hands will be enough?

"Don't panic too much, Jungkook-ah. I'm Minjun. Nice to meet you. My boy looks so handsome by the way..."

Minjun says while patting Jungkook's shoulder like a proud dad. Jungkook nervously smiles at him. But for a reason, Jungkook feels his smile and talks are genuine.

"Please come inside. Y/n was so excited to meet her brother"

Jungkook looks at Jiho in confusion, sweat keep forming on his forehead ever since he reached the place, showing off his uneasiness. Every now and then his mind ran to his horrible childhood.

"Y/n-ah...your oppa is here"

Jungkook gulps some water to calm himself down as a maid served them some snacks. His mind stops for a while after seeing the little girl who smiles at them merely. Those eyes, he somehow familiar with them, her smile, look somewhat like her's. That her, she somewhat looked like y/n. She, is Jungkook's her.