Spring || 16

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 23.

Warning: Mentions abuse. Leave if uncomfortable.

A particular room in Aeri's household stood in silence with darkness gulping it, trapping the girl inside it and making her a own prisoner in her house. Letting her know that it has become night a faint beam of moonlight entered inside the room through a tiny hole, yet Aeri couldn't move an inch as she was way too weak now to shift around and try finding a way of escaping.

"T-thirsty..."

A faint mumble leaves through her chapped lips while directing it to no one and she manages to lay down on her back, letting her subconscious mind know that she's still alive.

It's been nearly two days since Aeri's own father locked her inside the room as he came home drunk as usual and started to vent out on Aeri. She was already lacking in food as she had to earn by herself and had to handover the almost full amount of money to Minjun, her alcoholic and abusive father, to full fill his daily alcohol intake. The amount of earnings she was allowed to keep barely covered her very basic needs even, so it was hard to survive two days without a single drop of water for a weak kid like her.

Minjun has forgotten that he locked Aeri inside the 'prison' he has dedicated to her and he was having his fun while drinking and betting the whole day.

Aeri's half opened eyes get filled with tears, however not making their way out as she was too dehydrated to produce that much tears. She feels the pain from getting hit by her own father two days ago still embracing her tightly and again, it made her realise that she's alive.

For her, everything was a pain ever since she could remember.

A tiny smile decorates Aeri's lips as her hardly processing mind brought the only beautiful memory she has been holding and protecting in the deepest place of her heart; her once completed family.

After a few weeks Aeri was born her biological mother passed away and Minjun, who was insulting the tittles 'husband' and 'father' even before Aeri's birth didn't care much about his passed wife or his own kid. He somehow raised her as he didn't want to end up in jail, but he always made sure to remind Aeri that she should've left with her mother.

Everything changed for a little amount of time when Minjun got married again. There she met the most kind hearted person who let her knew what's the love is for the first time. He was the person who made Aeri go through bunch of warm emotions and actions---it was her half brother, Jungkook.

He understood her better than his mother did understand her, he made her understand what it feels like to be loved, he made her childhood happy and carefree as long as he could until Minjun decided to be the villain of his daughter's story again.

His once abusive nature which was controlled by Jungkook's mother's true love somehow broke out from its cell, putting the woman in troubles she couldn't bare anymore. She definitely regretted her decision of marrying Minjun and decided to split away and with that, Aeri's period of happy life came to an end.

A sense of warmth which appeared out of nowhere with the beautiful memories make the cold room a bit lifted up for Aeri while her mind ran further and further, reminding her the way Jungkook chased her around the house, coloured the pictures with her, made paper boats when it was raining, took her to the nearest field where they played the whole day, the way he made her sleep, the way he plucked flowers for her from the roadside and the way he protected her like his own blood sibling.

But he too, had to leave.

Still, he made Aeri's seventh year of life a beautiful one which feels so unreal for her. But, she doesn't know she did the same with Jungkook's eleventh year of his life too.