A New Chapter || 17

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 20.

Also, Jimin as Jungkook's best friend :)

Aeri enters inside the cafeteria while keeping her gaze low, yet her eyes are holding some tears she doesn't feel enough to shed. As always, she silently takes a seat in a corner of the big hall, waiting for Jungkook and Jimin to join with her. She lifts up her head as her eyes automatically stops on the familiar figure of Miso who was her best friend until this morning. A soft sigh leaves her mouth and she pulls out her little sketch book and a pencil she keeps with her all the time as she starts to draw a girl.

"Ri!!! What are you drawing my baby?"

Aeri's attention shifts on Jungkook who took the seat beside her with a wide and a bright smile which only leaves his face if she's sad. He was studying at the university and they could have their lunch together, as the two buildings were in the same land and had a common cafeteria.

However not receiving a reply from his sister Jungkook's eyes softened as he understood that something must be wrong. Aeri was an abnormally quite kid and the only three people---well now the list has reduced to two as Miso isn't her friend anymore, so the only two people she was being talkative with her brother and his best friend, Jimin.

However the boy shifts his chair closer to his sister as he pulls her in a hug, placing a soft kiss on her crown while soothing her back.

"What happened, princess?"

He softly asks while glancing at the almost empty paper of her sketch book.

"Miso..."

Jungkook nods, indicating her to continue while his eyes got slightly teary too as his little girl is looking up at him while hugging him, having a hard time to word her thoughts probably because they feel too heavy for her heart.

"Yes, love... Oppa is listening..."

"Miso l-left me too... I-I don't have any f-friends now..."

Her lips are trembling, but eyes never let the tears escape as she feels tired of crying now. Everyday she has a new reason to cry, the only better thing in her life is having Jungkook by her side.

Hearing her melancholic and vulnerable voice Jungkook sighs inaudibly, pulling her head in his chest instead of letting her look at him as he places a soft kiss on the top of her head which made Aeri's tears finally get absorb in Jungkook's fabric. He knows that his sister is already suffering enough because of everything and he have no idea when will she get rid of the sadness she's going through.

"Let her go, you have me right? And Jiminie oppa too, isn't he your friend? Who told my little girl doesn't have any friend hmm? I'll break their bones!!!"

His voice came out softly, entering inside Aeri's ears almost like a lullaby and a gentle pat of assurance despite the busyness and the shouts in the place they are.

"It's alright, love. You always have me..."

Not knowing what to say exactly the older boy's lips hushes out as he places another kiss on his sister's head, sharing a glance with Jimin who approached them after a minutes of delay through his slightly teary eyes. The latter one remains confused as he drags a chair towards them, mouthing Jungkook a 'what happened?'. Jungkook sighs as he pulls out his phone and gestures Jimin to do the same before typing the situation shortly, as he couldn't think of a way to tell him what's going on at once. Jimin quickly goes through the text and put his phone on the table, his lips let goes a soft sigh too as he looks at Jungkook who's staring at him helplessly while holding his sister who's crying in a mess now.