The Gift || 16

This chapter is dedicated to suganisha, the birthday girl!!! Happy birthday dear!!!❤🎂

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 28.

Y/n wakes up as her alarm goes off while scaring her. She annoyingly snoozes it, but today she doesn't turn to her side and fall asleep like she would do usually.

She unlocks her phone while laying down on the bed still, as she expected a bunch of notifications of birthday wishes to appear. She chuckles dryly, not receiving anything she expected. But Google hasn't forgotten her birthday, that is the only wish she has received. She throws her phone on the bed again, turning to her side and hugging her pillow which knows how much tears she has cried, how much nightmares she has experienced and how much warmth she searched. The pillow feels closer to her heart.

Sometimes y/n can not understand herself. Growing up, the birthdays felt a waste of time for her. But the inner child inside her is still alive and because of that, she expected it. Even when she doesn't have any friends, she expected it. Even when she knows there's no one for her, she expected it.

This 'it' had different forms. For her, this 'it' sometimes meant a simple word of comforting, or a wish for her birthday which only comes once in a year, or a invitation to hangout, or a hug, or a morning or a night greeting.

She hates herself for having too much hopes in receiving a birthday wish on the day she'll become more older by a year. She hates it because she can understand the concept, but not her own self.

Pulling her out from her thoughts the alarm goes off again and this time she turns it off, settling down on the bed. It was six in the morning still, but she has so much to do before going to the school which feels like nothing but a place which makes her realise she's so lonely. The familiar silence in the house where she lives all alone doesn't bother her anymore. She steps towards the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. A small smile tugged on her lips as she took a glance of her cup which she used as a six year old and still using as a sixteen year old. She can remember the way she was so excited to have a 'big cup' for her own. Things which make her realise that she's still a kid who's living beyond her age often take place and like right now, her mind would always stop at Jungkook, her brother, at the end of this topic. She let her coffee make, as she silently leans against the kitchen counter while staring at her feet while recalling her past.

Y/n, Jungkook and Minjun, Jiho. They used to be a happy family ten years ago. But everything suddenly went wrong as a public bus faced an accident while killing both Minjun and Jiho and many other people. That day, y/n and Jungkook became all alone in the world. Y/n can remember, Jungkook was just a fresh legal adult back then. Everything happened within post three weeks of his 18th birthday.

Jungkook thought that being a legal adult would make the things atleast a bit easier but he was wrong. As a bunch of responsibilities were suddenly kept on his shoulders, he got lost. He got lost in himself, he got lost in his own feelings. Even after not wasting a single coin they had, he couldn't manage the expenses of himself and his sister. He was too busy to show some affection he used to show on his remaining family member as he had to go to find money. That's how their family time died.

When y/n was just ten years old, Jungkook went to Seoul in order to find a better job. He didn't have any option than leaving y/n all alone, as there was none to take care of her. And he did it. Y/n doesn't hate him for leaving her like that, because she now understands that if he didn't do that six years ago, they could've starved and died.

In the past six years, the siblings' communication got limited only for a text which would randomly appear once a week, as Jungkook was drowned in busyness. By the experiences he collected by working in a company, y/n got to know that he started his own business and he's a famous CEO in Seoul now. But his fame couldn't break the ice cold nature of him. Well, y/n doesn't hate him for that too. She's atleast having a great meal thanks to the amount of money he sent her monthly.