The Hope || 11

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 23.

Please welcome the young mafia king, Jeon Jungkook!!! :]

After completing his latest mission, Jeon Jungkook, the mafia king runs in a speed of a thunder through the roads which are almost empty as it's past midnight. He was followed by the damaged gang of his opposition and for betterment Jungkook asked his gang to split the ways. Even though the opposite gang gave up on chasing them after few seconds, Jungkook kept running.

After a good fifteen minutes he found himself by a dark and a dirty cross street. He taps on his in-earpod in hopes of contacting his men.

"Pick me up at the 5th cross street..."

He mumbles out and his men reply in acceptance. Jungkook let goes a deep sigh, as he turned towards his side where the road continues. He squints his eyes for a better view as his eyes catch a sight of a tiny figure. Being curious he steps towards the figure, only to see that it's a petite figure of a kid sleeping on a piece of cardboard.

"Wow, what is a kid like her doing here?"

He mumbles to himself, crouching down beside her to have a better view. Her clothing is poor and it had dirt on it and it was torn near her stomach, showing a bit of her pale skin.Probably because of starvation, she was looking like a skeleton and every detail about her melts Jungkook's heart. Just because he's a mafia doesn't mean that every feeling of his are dead. He's still a young boy who was forced to take this career even when he didn't like it.

A deep sense of nostalgia lingers in his mind as it ran back to his childhood where he was continuesly asking for a younger sibling, which lead him to grow up while loving to be around kids. Even now he would make donations for orphanages and he will not hesitate to play with kids if he'll ever go out to relax.

"Oh come on, Jungkook Jeon!!! Think and act like a mafia!!!"

Jungkook groans to himself as he deeply inhales while slapping his cheek by his own, forcing himself to stop thinking about bringing the poor kid home. He finally sighs, not being convinced enough to leave the girl there. He shakes her lightly, but he didn't get any response in return.

"What's wrong with her?"

He says as he turns her around, but still she did not wake up. She was breathing still, so at once Jungkook couldn't decide why she's not responding.

But when his eyes catch the sweat drops on her forehead and her almost inaudible whimpers he could conclude something. He runs his hand towards her forehead to find that she's burning up from fever.

"What the hell is this? She's burning up... and what is she doing here?..."

He mumbles to himself and he halts his actions, pulling out his gun and pointing it behind him.

"Boss, it's just us..."

Jungkook looks at his back as he replaced his gun in his waistband.

"Who's this girl, boss?"

"I don't know. But I'm taking her with me..."

Jungkook says as he picks her up in his arms. He turns around to see his men staring at her with perverted smirks. He rolls his eyes, of course he knows that his men are not angels.

"What? Drop that filthy looks of you filthy people!!! She's just a kid for god's sake!!!"

Jungkook mumbles out in his deep voice.

"Give her or any woman that look again and I'll make you see only the darkness for the rest of your lives..."

He groans, stepping towards one of his luxurious cars. He lays down the girl on the back seat and let her use his lap as a pillow and for keep her warm he drapes his jacket over her.