IV - Play With Fire

I spy with my little eye, my sister. My sister eating it as she falls into the sand.

"I gotta, I-" I walk away from sunglasses guy without a second thought.

"You're such a brat." I hear Conrad say.

"And you're an asshole!" She shoots back.

I start walking over to Belly to see what's going on but Jeremiah beats me to it, "Belly, you came! Great, we can all hang out, you guys." He wraps an arm around her.

"I thought you didn't want her to come?" I accuse, "When I said she should come you didn't exactly agree."

"No, I wanted her to come, I just didn't want you to get your way." Jeremiah laughs.

I stick my tongue out at him, being rude to me at Belly's expense, not cool.

"I'm about to take her home." Steven says, he's definitely not happy with her. Jeremiah tries to protest but Steven keeps going, "Yeah, we're leaving. Are you kidding me?"

"Okay, Steven, chill out. Come on." Jeremiah points, "Go hang out with Shayla or something."

The girl only slightly adds "Let's go," to Steven. Shayla, not ringing any bells.

"Fine," He shakes his head. "But just, stay right here. And don't talk to anybody." He orders Belly.

"Okay. Alright. Chill." Jeremiah presses.

"FUCK YOU!" Belly yells in Steven's direction with both middle fingers up. People at the party add in their two-cents about that.

Jeremiah holds her shoulders, "For one, I'm glad your here." But his smiley attitude is cut off quick by two girls calling his name. He runs off with a, "One second." that anyone could tell meant he wasn't coming back.

"I am sorry that boys suck." I say wrapping and arm around her shoulder and walking her in a different direction. She nods and walks with me. "So what made you come?" I ask.

"Taylor,"

I smile, of course she did. Taylor's always been the one that pushes Belly out of her comfort zone.

I sit Belly and I down in the sand somewhere, we just talk.

"Heyyyy, hot stuff has a friend." I turn, it's sunglasses guy but ten times more drunk. I turn away and keep talking to Belly in hopes that he'll leave but he doesn't. "Come on, we can all have a little fun." He starts walking around us. I can visibly see Belly getting confused or uncomfortable or something and it pisses me off.

"Okay dude, go away." I order.

"Awe that's a harsh tone, I'm just being friendly." He says. "You don't want me to leave do you, princess?" He asks Belly, twirling her hair in his hands.

That's it.

I stand up and shove his squatting form into the sand. "I said, go away you creep."

He stands up and we start going at it. Words turn into punches, and soon we have a circle of people chanting around us. Our fight gravitates over to the middle of the party, don't ask me how we went from point A to point B it just happened during all the fighting.

Normally, I wouldn't have let it escalate to physical fighting but he was saying some nasty stuff in between hits that just made me want to hit him again. And the first punch was only thrown because he joked about me being hot enough to get the cops called on him. Not much more detail is needed for anyone to understand that.

The hardest hits were after he said anything Belly related.

"You'd like getting your hair pulled, huh?" He asks with a smile, using my long hair to his advantage in the fight.

I fight his hand out of my hair and straddle over him so I have a good shot at his face. He grabs his nose, blood flooding out from his hands. I stand up, next to him as he's whimpering. "And you'd be a submissive little shit wouldn't you?" I mock his moans.

Hands pull me back, "It's time to go."

I'm walking with who I found to be Jeremiah. "Belly and Conrad are already in the car, Stevens a bit ahead of us."

Jeremiah's DD so I'm in the back with a very drunk looking Conrad.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"That's what I should be asking you." He outlines my cheekbone with his finger, I wince. There's gonna be a mark.