XXIV - Brunch

I wake up around eight and walk into my bathroom. I apply minimal makeup; mascara, highlight on the inner corners, and I shape my eyebrows. 

This morning I told Shayla we should get brunch so I could get to know my brother's girlfriend some more, she seemed just as excited to meet her boyfriend's sister.

I put on a cute outfit for brunch, the weather looks perfect today. Plus, I've heard she's quite the fashionista.

I open my door and run into Jeremiah who was also leaving his room. Lucky for us our rooms literally face each other.. sarcasm.

I was about to say something rude, but I bit back my tongue at his expression and head motion towards the bathroom. The door is closed and the light is on, occupado. 

You're supposed to be googly eyes over him, people are around.

"Good morning," He takes my hand and spins me.

I giggle, "Morning."

"Where are you off to?" He asks, looking my appearance up and down.

"I'm getting brunch with Shayla."

"And after?" He asks.

"Not sure, why?" I ask.

"I mean, I'll be free.." He suggests.

I look up at him knowingly with a smirk.

"I might just be as well."

With that, Conrad walks out of the bathroom and glances over at us confused before walking into his room.

I pull my hand away from his and fake a gag. "Bye," I whisper and run down the stairs.

***

"Hi," I walk over and hug Shayla.

"Hello!" She hugs back.

We get sat at an outdoor table and are handed menus.

"So, how's all the deb stuff working for you?" I ask.

"Perfect, your brother is quite the escort, I must admit." She smiles.

"It's so weird to think of Steven being all fancied up and with a girl." I laugh and she joins.

"So, what about you?" She asks.

"I actually haven't asked anyone yet, I'm way behind." I admit.

"What about Jeremiah, weren't you dancing with him the other day?" She asks.

"Yeah, I was kinda thinking about asking him," I fake a giggle, "Honestly it wasn't planned for him to be there, he just saved the day."

She puts a hand on her chest, "That is so cute. And, like, the perfect set-up for a love story."

I look down, "I'm just nervous about what he'd say, you know? He's really anti-deb stuff."

"With the way he was looking at you the other day, I doubt his answer would be anything but 'yes'." She smiles and takes my hand.

"Are you ladies ready for drinks?" The waiter comes and asks.

"I'll get a water." Shayla says.

"I'll do the same, but with a lemon wedge." I add.

"Oo," She looks over at me. "That does sound good, could I get one too please?"

"Absolutely, they'll be right over." The waiter walks off.

(this is your sign to drink some water, my dear reader)

The waiter comes back with our drinks and asks if we know what we'll have to eat.

I look over at Shayla, telling her to go first.

"I'll have the coconut crepe, please." She says.

The waiter nods and scribbles down her order.

"And I'll have the eggs benedict, please." I smile.

The waiter writes mine down as well before taking our menus.