LXIV - See You In Forever

I trudge into Jeremiah's room. "Omg, I am so sorry about that." I whine.

He lets out a laugh, "Thank you for saving me from him, princess."

I try to hold back a blush.

He definitely notices, because a smug looks takes over his face.

I give his shoulder a light shove and speak, "Tomorrow everyone's doing something, but we should stay back."

"You mean you don't wanna go to Steven's hot dog eating contest?" He teases.

I fake gag, "Absolutely not."

He laughs, "Staying back sounds great."

I smile up at him. "I have to go, I promised Taylor we would hang out before she has to leave tonight!"

"Have fun." Our hands hold on as long as they can while I walk backwards to his door.

***

"I literally take back everything I ever said about Jeremiah being an ass, you two are the cutest!" She squeals.

I roll my eyes with a laugh. "Can we please get through this meal without bringing him up?"

"Hmmmm, I can try?" She offers

"Done."

***

"Bro, I'm gonna miss you so bad." I say and pull her into the tightest hug.

"I'm gonna miss you worse." She says.

"Let me get a turn." Belly whines and comes into the hug with us.

"See you at school." I offer Taylor with a smile.

"Right, see you in forever." She groans.

Belly and I watch Taylor walk onto the bus, we're waving at the windows wildly.