VIII - Date Crashers

"CAMMY!?" I squeal.

"Keep your voice down!" Belly shushes me with a big smile. "Yeah, Cam asked me out on like, a real date!" She looks so excited.

I walk out of the room so Belly can get ready but I'm stopped, "Wait. You're not gonna help me get ready?" She asks.

"Oh! No! Yes yes yes yes yes!" I run over to her closet and start throwing clothes at her.

***

"Now presenting, dressed by yours truly... BELLY CONKLIN!" I hold my hands around my mouth as a pretend megaphone and whisper scream like an excited audience. Belly walks in giggling and gives me smack on the shoulder.

"Okay, bye guys." She says to the backs of all three boys.

Jeremiah turns around. "Dang Belly," He walks over and spins her. "You. Look. Hot."

"Hey!" Steven calls, "Stop flirting with my sister." He pauses, "You look good though."

Belly says she's going to the drive-in and leaves soon after.

I sit on the couch with the boys and we all talk while they game.

"So who's Belly going to the movie with?" Conrad asks.

"I'm not sure if that's top secret or not, but from what I've heard he's really cute." I laugh. 

"Okay my turn! Steven hand it over." I hold out my hand.

"What? No!" He pulls the controller closer to his chest.

"You can have mine." Conrad sets his down on the couch and walks upstairs without another word.

"Someone's grumpy." I say under my breath and grab his controller.

***

While Belly's on a hot date my night consists of reading a book in the corner with Mom's dust cover over it so people thing I'm super interested in her writing and it hopefully sells more copies. Secretly I'm reading 'The Summer Of Broken Rules'. Maybe Connie and I can break some rules, have a nice little friends-to-lovers action?

Speaking of, where is he? Where are any of the boys? I walk over to Mom's table, "Hey, Mom, where'd the guys go?"

"Not sure sweetie, they're probably goofing off somewhere outside?" She offers. I say thank you and hurry outside.

I look around the building and there is no trace. Honestly I would've just gone back inside, had I not noticed the car was missing.

***

***