XXXVI - Baby

Y/N POV:

***

"So, about rain checking the mini golf. How does lunch time sound?" He asks.

"Sure, where does the effect play in?" I ask.

"We make a big deal about how we won't be at the house for lunch cause we're going out to mini golf." He explains.

I nod, "Sounds good."

He walks out of my bathroom, where I've been straightening my hair the last ten minutes.

"You look nice today." He says before closing my bedroom door.

I bite my lip subconsciously.

***

(your outfit but you're free to imagine your own)

***

What I have on is ultimately what I'm going to wear during mini golf so I give myself a onceover in the mirror to make sure it's suitable for the occasion. I decide it is and walk downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning, Mama." I say, grabbing a mug from the cupboard.

"Good morning, honey." She smiles. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Jere asked if I wanted to go out to mini golf later, I'm just excited is all." I smile back.

Lies.

"Oh, really?" She smirks.

"Mom!" I whine.

She ruffles my hair a little and laughs.

"Glad you guys are finally coming to your senses this year. I'm off to a book meeting, but text me if you need anything." She says opening the front door.

"Okay, love you. Bye."

"Bye." She walks out.

"Excited are we?" Jeremiah leans his arm against the wall next to me.

"Mini golf? Yes." I say before leaning into him, "You? No." I whisper and walk over the the kettle so I can get some water boiling.

He roles his eyes light-heartedly and opens the fridge.

"Do you want anything?" He asks.

"Maybe some toast. Could you get out the bread and an avocado?" I ask.

"Grandma." He laughs, getting the things I asked for.

"Baby." I say back with a small laugh.

I notice his expression change into something I can't read before immediately turning back to normal.

JEREMIAH POV:

***

Hearing the word 'baby' come out of her mouth, directed at me, definitely did something to my heart for a second..

But she was mocking you, not nicknaming you. Stop. I think to myself.

Y/N POV:

***

"Am not." He argues.

"You say as you're pouring lucky charms into a bowl." I laugh.

He eyes me in defeat and continues making his breakfast.