Chapter 4

Chapter 4

CD

The initials that were on the wallet. It belonged to a thirty year old man named Christopher Delfino. Just as I expected, he was Italian and there was nothing more on ID card expect for his name, date of birth and his address. When I looked at the address, it was downtown Laford, where the richest of the richest lived.

This got a bit more interesting.

I glanced over at the photo on the side of the ID card, finding a handsome man staring back at me. Grinning at myself, I placed the ID card back into the wallet and pulled out the other bank cards. There were at least six of them, different banks and three that matched with the ID while others were of other people.

One of the names on the cards was Pietro Delfino, which I assumed would be the brother that I had seen last night. They ought to be brothers. One was older, Christopher while the other one was younger.

It was hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I had just stolen from someone, someone rich. What if it was going to come back and bite in my ass?

I stood up from my seat when the train stopped at the station near my home. After tagging out, I began walking and reached my home in just a couple of minutes. My family and I lived in the rural part of the city, away from everything. Mom had mortgage a house and she had been paying for the past ten years, there were only a couple more years left but she wasn't able to cover the mortgage anymore.

We feared what would happen if we held it off for a couple of months.

When I stepped inside my house, I noticed the odd silence and figured out one of my parents weren't home—it was either Dad or Mom.

"You're home early." Mom stepped out of her bedroom and said. Her hair was wrapped in a towel as if she had just taken a shower. The scent of essential oils was in the air and there was a steamer switched on at the corner of the living room.

"Yeah. I just crashed at my friend's. What happened?" I asked her while removing my shoes near the door.

"Nothing," She gave me a stiff smile. "Just that your Dad is being a bitch and I'm tired of taking care of his bullshit. He can't do one fucking thing right and expects me to do everything." She started in seconds and I knew this conversation wasn't going to go anywhere.

I didn't respond to her, instead, I walked toward her and handed her the money I had stolen. "Cover this months expenses."

"Where did you get it from?" She gave me an odd look while holding the money.

The hundred bills summed up to be two grand, enough for now. "I took from a friend," When she began staring at me deeper, I sighed and continued, "You need it, Mom and so do I. Stop arguing with Dad over something he couldn't control. I'm getting a bit more by the end of the week and I'll give that you as well."

"Keep some for yourself." She whispered before turning around and returning into the room.

That was all.

My family hadn't been happy in a long while, not since my Dad got cancer. Everything went downhill from there. We were all in a mess that no one could fix. Without my job, I couldn't either. I needed to find something quick, anything before the end of the month.

Entering the kitchen, I grabbed my aspirin and a juice before heading to my room upstairs. When I passed Rose's room, she quickly jumped up from her bed and followed me inside mine.

"I thought you were at work!" She exclaimed, hopping on my bed.

I laid down and took a breath, "I got fired."