Chapter 45

"Stop." I screamed, pushing the hands away from my head while my knees scraped against the rough ground I was standing on moments ago. "I've seen enough." I placed my hand on the ground, finding my bones still within my skin and my body perfectly fine. My hair fell over my face and I swallowed hard.

Michael moved away from me, no longer forcing another memory into my head.

All of the pain that I had felt, it was raw and almost real but when I snapped into reality, the pain had gone and my body was in ease.

I turned my head around and asked Christopher, "What did they do to you?" I couldn't see all of it. I couldn't see what the witch had done to him—me in the vision because I had escaped from it earlier.

I couldn't endure the pain he had already endured.

The witch had done something, something terrible but I didn't know what it was. I knew what happened to Michael, his hands were burned, he was betrayed and his parents were killed by the witches. I assumed the witches were his family once, before it all went down. But Christopher, I couldn't understand.

"You don't want to know." He shook his head, masking his emotions and hiding the truth.

I heaved in a breath and sat up on the ground while recalling it all. He wasn't lying to me. He was telling the truth. The witches, they were even more dangerous and powerful than anything I had ever imagined.

"She's been dreaming about you, Alpha." Michael said behind me, his words ringing in my ears like the clock.

Color drained from my face and my eyes widened as I realized he must've been able to slip into my head while giving me the visions about the witches. My neck elongated and I looked up at Christopher whose attention was over Michael. I held back my gasp.

"What?" He asked him.

No.

No.

"Nothing." I quickly scattered and rose up from the ground, hoping to end it right here before he said anything more. "I've not been dreaming about anything!" I exclaimed while standing in front of Christopher.

"She has." Michael nodded.

"About?"

My heart raced. "Nothing—" I was cut off.

"They have been rather—vulgar dreams." He said before I was able to stop him.

I heaved in a breath and held it back. The atmosphere in the room stiffened. I didn't breathe. Christopher's gaze clicked to mine and soon a smile spread over his face before he let out a soft chuckle, "I don't think so you're going anywhere anytime soon, Ciccio."

My cheeks turned red with embarrassment. "I didn't dream anything!" I exclaimed, hoping to save myself and my dignity along with it.

When I dreamed of Christopher, I never expected for him to ever know about any of the dreams. They just came to me in the moment of weakness.

"Thank you, Micheal. I'll handle this from here." He wrapped his hand back around mine and pulled me out of the room. Blood flushed up to my face as we stepped away. He pushed me up against the wall and asked, "Tell me, what have you been dreaming?" His breath fanned over my cheek as I looked away.

My heart jumped in surprise, "I didn't—I didn't dream anything." I whispered.

"Liar." His grin only grew, wider and wider as his ego stroked itself. "Tell me. I want to know."

To my left there was a long, dark hallway and to my right there were three doors, one in which I had just been in. No escape. I looked back, meeting his gaze. My mouth trembled.

"Only about a murderer."

He pressed himself harder against me, invading my space entirely while his hand wrapped around my jaw, just above my neck. He titled my head, and repeated, "Tell me what have you been dreaming. I'm only curious." His eyes lowered and trailed across my lips. "Did you dream about having me inside you? Or even something better?"

My lips parted and I didn't know what to say.

"Tell me," His lips brushed against my cheek. The slightest touch making me undone. Heat spread in my core. My heart pounded roughly in my chest. "I promise I'll take care of it. You won't have to dream again ever." A sinister chuckle escaped his mouth. "Not on my watch."

My eyes drifted shit and I felt my insides clenching with vivid dirty thoughts of the dreams that I had seen about him, about Christopher. I didn't want to dream yet I did and here I was now, melting at his touch, submitting to his words as heat grew between my legs.

His trailed his mouth across my neck while his hand slipped underneath the shirt, fingers brushing across my skin. "Did you finish after those dreams, Rebekah?" He asked, my name rolling out of his tongue just perfectly.

"Yes." I pressed my head against the wall as a whimper slipped past my lips. "I did."

"Fuck." A growl rumbled from his chest before I felt his hardness poking against me. I held back a small gasp. His fingers dug deeper into my back before he drew himself away from me and pulled me toward the door to the far right.

My stomach tightened. He pulled me into the room and slammed the door behind. A loud thud echoed across the library before I heard a snap of the lock.

Read the full book on my Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or on Amazon: https://a.co/d/g3s9ZEb