Chapter 50

"Allison just had her baby. Oh my God!" Faye thrust herself inside her room and exclaimed at the top of her lungs. Her cousin, Allison, was pregnant for a very long time and she finally gave birth.

I drew my attention from the room and looked up at her. Excitement displayed well over her face. "Really? She had?" My eyes widened a little.

"Yes! Get up and get ready, there is a celebration today afternoon."

I yawned once more. It was early in the morning and I couldn't find myself getting away from Faye's bed. I had been crashing in her parent's apartment for more than three days. I hadn't found the courage to go back home ever since Dad left. My little sister, Rose, and I dropped him off at the airport and said our goodbyes to him.

Going back home to find it partly empty was heartbreaking. I didn't want to step inside Dad's room and find all his belongings gone. He had reached his hometown a few days ago and had been texting us all day and night yet that wasn't enough.

I missed him terribly, I missed my whole family.

"Do I need to go?" I asked Faye while burying myself deeper under her sheets.

"Shut up and get your ass off the bed. I'm not going to be depressed with you and I'm not going to let you be depressed for another moment. You're going to go back home, make amends with your Mom and live there." She scolded me while dragging the sheets off my body.

I pouted and shook my head, "I'm not ready yet."

"You're never going to be ready. Your Dad is just a couple of hours away from here. Stop acting as if he dumped you or something. And your Mom also needs you. You're not a child. I'm done babying you!" She sounded a bit more than frustrated at my current situation.

I hadn't done anything these past three days except for drinking the wine I had stolen from my Mom's cabinet before leaving and watching old videos of my parents and photos of when they had gotten married. Never in my whole life, I thought they would ever separate.

Now they had.

I somewhat felt guilty for it. If I hadn't given the money to Mom to clear Dad's debts, maybe they would have been still together. The debts would've tied them for a couple of years more. Mom wouldn't have asked for a divorce and we would all be living together.

"Alright. Fine! It was just a few days." I lined my lips straight and stood up from the bed before all of Faye's excitement wore off. "Did you get any pictures of the baby?" I asked her, changing the topic.

"Yes." She grinned and pulled out her phone, showing me the newborn's pictures that her cousin had sent her.

"Oh, it's beautiful," I whispered. "How's Allison?"

"She's doing perfect. Werewolves heal a lot quicker than—humans."

I tried to not act surprise, "Wow." I slid to another photo where the baby boy was found perfectly healthy and in his Mom's arms. "Isn't it too early to throw a welcoming party for the baby? I mean—I doubt Allison can even walk right now."

"There is nothing too early. And she can walk, Bek! It's not anything big. Just a small party with her close family and friends to see the baby," Faye squealed in excitement while fisting her hands. "I can't wait!"

"Close family and friends. I don't need to go." I flashed a mischievous smile at her while repeating her own words.

"Shut up. If I'm going, so are you so go home, talk to your Mom, change out of your pajamas and take a shower for God's sake. I'll pick you up by one and we'll go from there." She explained while taking a whiff of my terrible scent. "Oh, the Alpha hosts these parties at his residence so you can see your boyfriend there and maybe come back to your sense."