Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Rebekah

When the bell rang, I quickly rushed downstairs and opened the door as my fingers quivered. Faye pushed herself in, worried sick for me, "What happened?"

"I'm terrified!" I exclaimed, closing the door behind and locking it.

It was still early in the morning and no one was going to be home until later in the afternoon. Rose was at school, Mom was handling a couple chores and Dad was outside, working. I was alone at home, sleeping and dreaming when the bell rang at first. It was a delivery, by Christopher Delfino.

I set the delivery aside and went on with my day, having breakfast and showering. The minute I got free, I tore through the delivery and found clothes along with a card that gave me strict instructions to only wear it and wear nothing else.

"I'm not going to wear this!" I picked up the thong between my finger and rose it. "He clearly wants to fuck me." We had agreed on not having any sexual activity during the entire date but now I was assuming otherwise.

Faye glanced over at the dress that was in the delivery package as well. It was Burgundy strappy stain dress, long enough to go beyond my knees.

"I mean, the dress looks nice." She cheekily said before picking it up and feeling the satin brush against her fingertips. "Maybe he just wanted you to wear something underneath and not come bare." Her explanation was far worse than I imagined.

"No, he wants to fuck me. I know guys like him..." I groaned, shoving the thong back into the box. In hell I was going to wear that tonight. It was far more than enough that I actually agreed to it.

"Yeah, just wear the thong. It's gonna be fine." She patted my shoulder while glancing at the thong I had shoved into the box. And so it was, I wasn't going to wear the thong.

I turned to Faye with a worried look and asked her once more, "Do you really think I should go?" My hands laid flat over my thudding chest and I chewed on my lower lip as anxiety spread thin through me. I had re-considered it last night and stayed up for the most of the time, thinking and thinking whether I made the right choice.

I truly feared that man and going on a date with him was terrifying. What if he killed me? What if he hurt me? There wasn't going to be anyone else as I was going with him alone. I didn't even know where he was going to take me or if he would ever let me go back home. My eyes widened at the thought of him kidnapping me and holding me hostage for reasons I couldn't think of.

"It's okay, Bek. If you don't feel like going, just tell him you don't want to. You don't have to listen to him and everything he says." She shrugged and sat down.

I took the couch beside her and fell back against it as a sigh passed my lips. "But the money..." I trailed off, pouting. "It's enticing and he's offering it to me without any strings attached—just one date." I couldn't imagine making that much money even after years of working. There was an offer falling straight into my lap and I was still re-considering it.

And ethically, it was correct. He had promised that there wouldn't be anything sexual involved and it would just be a one time date. He wouldn't budge me again and neither would I.

I could use that money to clear most of my Dad's hospital bills. My parents wouldn't have to argue about money anymore and they wouldn't be cornering to divorce every night.

It was good.

"Look, Bek, if you know him, he's a nice person with a little bit of temper. And its just going to be a few hours. You'll go and come back and forget it ever happened!" Faye said, cheer on her face as she tired hard to excite me.

I looked over at her and we both fell into laughter. "I'm defiantly not going to wear that thong!" I exclaimed, my finger hovering over the box.

"Don't," She shook her head and laughed deeper. "Wear your cotton underwear and enjoy it. Trust me, you'll come back in one piece." She re-assured me about my decision and I felt less anxious about it all. "Plus, it's been a while since you have gone on a date. Forget everything he did and just flick it."

Just one date.

"Yeah, that sounds better." I faded back into the couch, resting for a while after panicking the entire morning. I came up with the worse situations that could possibly happen tonight but it was just my mind over-working and thinking too hard.

Time passed quickly. Morning faded into evening and the skies grew dark and cloudy. Faye left after having lunch with me and I went in for a shower. By exactly seven, I was ready, wearing the strappy burgundy dress that fitted me perfectly. The thong was out of my sight, far away, buried inside my closest.

My brown hair, blown out, fell over my shoulders with ease. I smeared on a dark red lipstick while keeping the rest of the make minimal and matching with the dress.

By seven o-one, there was a black car parked down the street. Tinted windows and complete silence. The engine barely roared or vibrated when passing my house. The car remained at it's spot as I hurried downstairs with a black coat hanging off my shoulders.

It was going to be a cold night and I needed to be prepared.

"Going on a date?" Rose asked as she stayed underneath the lamplight, studying at this time and finishing her homework.

I glanced over my shoulders, looking at the rooms that were shut closed and the kitchen where the silence was most. Dad had fallen asleep after he came from work and Mom was in the kitchen, clearing the dinner.

"Don't tell Mom. Just tell her I'm going to see Faye." I whispered to my little sister while pushing a key into the knob and drawing the door open.

I couldn't let Mom see me as how I was dressed. It would take her seconds to put two and two together. I wanted her to be absolutely clueless when I would offer her the money to take care of Dad's hospital bills. She didn't need to know that I was going on a date with a complete stranger for money.

My heart beat hard the entire time as I slipped out of the house. The heels I wore cackled as I moved across the pavement, nearing the parked car.

A man, unfamiliar, stepped out from the car and came over to me. For a minute I thought he was going to jump at me until he said, "Good evening, Ms. Anderson."

My last name. How would he have known?

"Oh, good evening." I smiled at him as he drew the door open for me. I pulled my coat tighter over my shoulders, stopping myself from freezing before I slipped into the car.

Just as I sat, I moved my head, titling it only a few inches before my gaze connected with the alluring golden eyes of my death.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr