Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I sprinted down the stairs and collided with Pietro just as I was about to leave. He seemed a bit stunned while I tried to hide the ache growing between my legs. How could I have let that happen? Ugh. What was wrong with me?

"And the preppy princess returns..." The younger one said, swirling around to me.

I stopped at his voice and faced him, "You're just terrible as your brother!" I quickly said, showing no emotion and then turned around to leave the residence. Staying here for another minute was going to kill me.

"Be careful. Don't be dumb." He warned as I fled from the house.

I breathed in the cold, fresh air outside in the courtyard while waiting for Faye to arrive in her car. Earlier, when I asked Christopher about my car, he told me that it was stolen or something along those lines. I grew enraged and fumed. I understood his games, he didn't want me to leave.

I called up Faye, hoping she could pick me up from here in less than ten minutes as she lived nearby—the downtown of Laford.

My mind was reeling. I was afraid, confused and angry at the same time. A headache was growing in the back of my head. I felt stuck, and everything felt hazy, especially after the car ride and the playtime in Christopher's bedroom.

It seemed like I had attracted the devil himself and he wasn't going to leave me alone, and he wanted me to go to hell with him.

Faye's car appeared from a distance, she slowly rolled forward while her windows went down. Reaching the courtyard, I heard a gasp escape from her throat as her eyes wandered over the house.

I grabbed the door open and sat down. "Please. Drive." I begged her.

"Wow. This is so beautiful." She murmured under her breath while rolling out of the courtyard in a speed that wasn't going to take us anywhere. "Fuck. This is my first time here, seeing this place and its so...pretty." She was taken back by the residence.

I looked outside of the window. It was in fact pretty but there was a devil living inside and I didn't ever want to go back again.

Christopher was a devil, a satan—something and he had lulled himself inside my head. I felt strange emotions inside me. I had feelings for him. I literally pooled at his touch and if I hadn't controlled myself, I would've begged him to fuck me.

Once Faye was out on the street and driving back toward my house, I managed to take a breath of relief. She asked me what had happened and I told her the details, just skipping a few of them that involved his fingers ramming into my pussy.

"So, you made out with him?" Her eyes were wide. "Wow."

"Yeah..." I trailed off with a shrug. It was somewhat nice to kiss him. He was a good kisser, probably the best one I had so far. "But that's off topic. He's a creepy snake, slithering around me all the time." I moved my hands in the air, showing Faye, expressing her my emotions and for the most part she did understand me.

Before heading home, we went to the nearest costume shop, hoping to get some costumes for Halloween that was approaching the day after tomorrow.

"Do you think I should file a restraining order? I mean, it would make sense, right and I can get it, right?" I bombarded Faye with questions while looking through the masks in the costume shop. None of them were anything I liked.

I was hoping to dress up as an innocent girl killed by a devil.

"Yeah, no, it's not going to work." Faye glanced over her shoulders and shook her head. Her straight hair barely moved as she checked out another masks at the bottom of isle. "I don't believe the police will get involved with a man like him..." She trailed off, hiding something.

"Why'd you say that?" I collected my brows.

She shrugged and got on her knees, "Just—he's a powerful man, Bek."

I stared down at her as she reviewed a few masks that were on the isle. Then and there, something popped in my head, an answer. I didn't need anyone to tell me anything because Faye knew everything about that man. She chose to keep a secret from me.

But getting it out from her wasn't going to be hard.

I kneeled beside her, my face lightening up, "You know everything, don't you?" I asked her with my eyes wide.

"About?"

"About Christopher. You knew him since long before. Your family knows him as well. Tell me everything, Faye!" I breathed out.

"I—I can't." She shook her head and stood up.

I followed her up, "Why not?"

"Because we have a code of silence."

Bullshit.

"Oh, come on," I grabbed her hands. "Please. It's not like I'm going to tell anyone anything you say me. But I need to know everything and I think, there is a lot you're not telling nor anyone else is." I wasn't sure what was hidden from me but even thinking about made my heart pound.

"You can't take it." She turned her eyes away from me and began walking outside of the shop.

"Why not?" I chased her.

"It's—I can't tell you, Bek. It's not my place and whatever I tell you, you'll not be able to take it and it will probably ruin our friendship. And I'll have to go against a code. If anyone finds out that I told you, I'll be doomed for eternity!" She stopped and explained, her face full of strange fear that I didn't quite understand.

"Please. I beg you, Faye."

"Bek—"

I stopped her before she began, "I need to know, Faye. I need to know everything because I'm going crazy here. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was perfectly fine in my life until that night at the station and then, it's all just fucked up. I cannot sleep properly, I cannot eat, I fear I'm being followed half of the time and the other times I believe I'm going to be murdered by the end of the week." I spilled out whatever I had been holding and it was a lot.

The wind whistled and the bells at the top of the store rung as we moved out and stepped on the street. People past by us, walking in different direction while I stood idle against Faye, hoping she would tell me everything she had been hiding.

Her mouth tightened, "Not here..."

"Of course." I gave her a nod.

"Your house?"

"No," My lips turned into a frown when I remembered everything that was happening back at home. "My parents are getting divorced. I don't feel like being home."

"Oh," She was a bit surprised. "Let's go to mine then." She offered and I agreed before following her back to her car.

" She offered and I agreed before following her back to her car