Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Rebekah

"Mom's telling you to wake up and that it's pretty late for you to sleep for another minute," my little sister's voice rang in my ears before I felt her small hands on my legs, shaking them back and forth and forcing me up.

I jolted up with a gasp and glanced at my surroundings. It was my room. How? My brows furrowed, I turned around and looked at Rose, who stood beside my bed with a wide smile on her face.

"I missed you!" She wrapped her arms around me. "Don't go away again, please. And if you're going, take me to Faye's as well."

I closed my eyes, giving my mind a moment to think of what had happened. The witches had taken me, and Selene—she had taken my blood before she knocked me unconscious with her magic. I had no memory after that. I had no clue how I was in my bedroom or when I returned.

Air filled my lungs, and I breathed out before opening my eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, Rose. Now, run along, I need a shower," I stated, hopping off the bed while she still clung onto my leg.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She rushed out of the room and went back to hers. I reached my door and stared outside at the staircase and the window beside it. Sunlight blinded me and I squinted away before slamming the door shut.

Did Selene just let me go? It was the next day, twenty-four hours since I'd left Christopher's residence and since I was kidnapped by a witch. Was it over? Was that all? Selene hadn't hurt me aside from taking my blood. Was that all she wanted from me?

I let out a sigh of relief, believing it was over and that I didn't need to worry about anything in regard to the witches.

I stopped close to my phone and hesitated before picking it up. There were a couple of calls from Faye but none from Christopher, not even a single message. He hadn't even bothered. Not a call or a message. My jaw clenched as anger engulfed me.

I had been taken by the witches, kept hostage for hours, and he didn't care.

I heaved in a breath and tossed my phone back on the bed. There was no use calling him or messaging him when he hadn't bothered to in the first place. I didn't find any reason to tell him about the witches or the fact that they had taken my blood.

He wouldn't care.

And neither would I.

It suddenly felt like I had made a mistake with Christopher and hurried into things when I didn't even know much about him. What if he had just used me to get his wolf back? Or maybe even something else? Selene told me he was a different man before she took his wolf. I had no clue about it.

The only thing we shared was the heaps amount of pride. For as long as he wasn't going to reach out, I wasn't going to either.

After a shower and lunch with my family, I checked my phone once more and Faye began calling me repeatedly. Last night's ordeal had scared me. I needed a moment away from her world. My head was going to tear into pieces.

I placed the phone on its screen on the table and spent time with Mom before she headed for her work. Rose and I agreed to go over to my dad's at the end of the month, by ourselves, and see his new place.

***

Silence.

Eight long days had passed and there was nothing but silence that surrounded me. It was killing me. I hated it from every nerve in body, but something held me back from reaching out to Christopher.