Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Rebekah

"Kiss me." I ran my tongue over my lips while nerves wrecked inside me. My core tightened like never. I watched the tension on his face grow over the past couple of minutes he held me and for some reason, I just wanted him to kiss me.

He didn't hesitate. His mouth slammed against mine, my lips parted and he swallowed me in whole. My eyes fluttered shut. Every worry, every fear leaped from my body. Something stirred to life within me.

It wasn't a gentle kiss. Nowhere near that. It was rough, hot-blooded, and kindred to slow poison, killing me. My body went quivering. I kissed him back, wanting more, needing more. Numerous emotions gusted inside me. My head became hot and heavy. Every inch of my body tingled as if I had been kissed by firecrackers instead of a man.

My lungs emptied, I didn't bother for a breath. He grabbed the back of my head while losing his hand over my face. His mouth moved deeper into mine as if it needed to be consumed. Like a snake, something within me curled and tightened at my lower.

When his fingers tightened around my hair, I felt my insides clench and quiver with desire as if my body had just found the perfect one.

I trailed my hand over the side of his face, feeling his stubble shave underneath my fingertips before my hand lowered to his neck, where his skin was rough yet somehow delicate.

It lasted for minutes before I returned to my consciousness and made sense of what I was doing. "Stop." I pushed him back, regretting it instantly. A frown appeared over my face, only deepening as seconds passed.

I took in lengthy and heavy breaths while my fingers brushed against my sore lips where he had just been. I couldn't kiss him.

When I looked over at him, I found his mouth tightening into a smile, a grin as if he had achieved something. My eyes rolled back, "Ugh..." I tried to find words. "You're such a creep."

"You asked me to kiss you, Ciccio." His smile deepened as he remained close to me, close enough that I could feel his heat on my own body, his warmth branding me in a way. I smelled him and found his scent rather tasteful and attractive.

My hands pushed up against his chest and I pushed him back, farther away from me, "Don't kiss me again." I said, anger in my words.

I was vexed. I had kissed—I had been kissed by someone I despised. How could I have wanted that? I didn't. Every fiber of my body didn't want him to kiss me. I couldn't understand how I could let it happen.

"Sure. Whatever you want." He continued to grin as he turned his attention away from me and leaned back on his side of the car.

My back was against the window, my head nearly touching the glass. With every little shaky movement of the car, I jumped ever so little. My lips curled into a sneer as I continued to gawk at him in disbelief.

He had just kissed me.

Fuck him.

My head burned. I was irked and fuming. Why? Why did I do that to myself? He had done terrible things and was a terrible person. I didn't want him to kiss me. But I really did. Fuck. It felt too good to forget.

I remained quiet and looked outside while trying to forget what had happened. I didn't want to imprint my head with the kiss that had happened for the rest of my life.

"You wanted me, Ciccio. At least for a minute..." He spoke in a whisper behind me. I ignored him and he continued, "Deny all you want. I could feel you enjoy it. You have an impure soul and no matter what you do to hide it, I'll always feel it."