Chapter 47

"Come with me." His hand stretched as I buttoned up the last button of my shirt. His brother was still outside, waiting for us to leave the library but I assumed Christopher had different intentions.

I took his hand and he led me up the stairs. The smell of books, paper and wood crawled up to my nose. It was a great sight. The library was massive, bigger than any other one I had ever seen and it was filled with knowledge. There was barely any dust on the covers or the shelves which meant it was being well-kept.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, my voice hoarse. Just moments ago, I was going to get what I wanted—not anymore. My desires heightened uncontrollably. The heat in my sex only grew while something within me became frustrated with the fact that we were interrupted. "Why don't you ask your brother to just go away?" I chewed on my lower lip, waiting for his response in the silence.

"Because he won't." Christopher replied, seconds later.

"Why?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Because I've done the same to him more than just once. He's not quite forgiving and I've no energy to deal with him right now." His fingers tightened around my wrist.

He led me into deeper into the library before coming to an halt in front of an old wooden door. With a slight push, he opened the door and ahead there was nothing except for darkness.

My chest clenched. Was he going to kill me now?

I followed him inside. A bit of light appeared, showing another staircase that descended down, even deeper than where we were. Underground?

I swallowed hard and continued walking. The walls were tight, solid but a few roaches and cow-webs could be spotted. I tried not to think too much. Once we were down the stairs, he took me across a long tunnel before stopping by another door.

"What is this place?" My eyes were wide, swarming everywhere.

"Tunnels," He responded, unlocking the door in front with a key in his pockets. "My grandfather built them. They spread through the whole city."

I remembered Faye's words then. She had told me about them and even taken me to one of them. It was still a confusing sight.

"Why would he build them?"

We walked through the door and appeared in an old office room that had been untouched. There was a small bookshelf by the corner, a leather chair and a wide wooden table with several papers scattered on the surface.

"More than a hundred years ago, werewolves weren't safe then. They were getting killed left and right by the witches that took it upon themselves to kill everyone that had sin in their blood, the shifters." He explained, his back faced at me while his hand reached the book shelf, finding something.

I winced at his words, remembering my little sister. She had told me something exactly the same. It was the Halloween theme of her high-school party and it was based on lore.

It wasn't lore.

"But why? Why would the witches kill your kind?"

"Long story short, they enjoy it—" He turned around. The book shelf moved forward, opening up like a door. "Just as much as I'm going to enjoy you in my room." I caught a glimpse of his wicked tongue as he smiled and grabbed me, taking me up the stairs and straight into his bedroom.

It hadn't been long since I had left from here.

And I was back again.

Wrinkles appeared in my head in confusion. How was it even possible? Just a minute ago, we were in the library that was on the ground floor of the place and now, we were here, back.