Chapter 24

Rebekah

Waves, spirals, and stars were the only thing I could see. I tossed my head around, trying to force myself up and snap out of the state I was in. When my eyes finally peeled over, I saw a tall black ceiling above me, the sides of it carved into shapes as red light illuminated from above. A chandelier hung over my face, a thousand pieces of glass falling onto me.

My eyes widened a little and I snapped back as a gasp escaped my throat. Oh no. Where was I? Quickly, I scanned the room, taking in all of it. The walls were dark brown, long and wide. My fingers ran across the deep blue duvet I laid above.

Then and there, my memory returned.

I remembered being outside, going back home after yelling at Christopher and his driver. Though, his driver was about to leave but he didn't. He came at me—he did something, something I couldn't understand. My heart beat harder. Harsh lines appeared on my forehead. I blew out a few breaths while turning my head around, looking for help.

I had been kidnapped.

That obsessive creep that kidnapped me and had told his driver to take me instead of sending him away from my house.

I tried to move but there wasn't much mobility on my limbs. They were still sore and numb. I barely felt my legs as I drew them to myself.

What was wrong with me?

I rose up but my head throbbed terribly as if I had been drinking last night and just woke up with a hungover. There was a little pain everywhere in my body and it confused me. I didn't remember drinking or anything.

The door open and I tried to jump up but failed once more. Holding my breath in, I flattened my head against the bed and pressed my eyes shut. He couldn't do anything if I was asleep. And I didn't have enough strength yet to run away from here. I barely could lift my leg. I needed a minute, maybe two.

In the meantime, I acted as if I was still sleeping.

I smelled that obsessive man from a distance and he approached me. The bed creaked a little as his weight came upon it. His scent spread all over and it was intoxicating for some reason that I couldn't understand. He leaned closer, a little too closer. I could feel his body heat against mine.

"I thought I heard something..." He trailed off in a low whisper, barely even reaching my ears. "Still sleeping, aren't you?" He shuffled a bit before his fingers came against my face.

My breathing quickened and I began panicking as his finger curled around a lock of my hair. Worry crept inside me. I began imagining the worst. What if he was going to rape me? Or worse? Kill me. I didn't know what his issue was or what he wanted from me but I needed to get out of here and out of this town as this all was more than threatening to me.

I moved my own finger a little, feeling my energy returning back to my body. Before he could get any further, I snapped awake and bit down hard on his arm, sinking my teeth into his wrist.

Instantly, his free hand came wrapping around my throat and he pushed me back before drawing his other arm away from my mouth. A bit of pain surfaced on his face but quickly disappeared when his wicked, evil eyes clicked to mine.

"Don't fucking touch me!"

"You little cagna," He rubbed his wrist, where I had bitten him before a sly smile spread over his face. "You impress me every time." His hold at my throat tightened as I tried to claw his other hand. "Do whatever you want. Try and kill me as well but I'll still be right here."