Chapter 48

Raw heat grew inside me like never. It settled right between my legs and didn't disappear even when my house came in the view. My legs remained closed and every muscle in my body tightened.

I didn't want to know what he had meant earlier but I was dying on opening a dictionary and finding the meaning of it or even worse, going onto the web and finding lucid details about it.

About knotting.

"Stay home for as long as you can." He parked the car at the back of my house and turned off the bright headlights. It was dark and the next day was minutes away.

"Why do I have to stay home?" I glanced at him while holding my thoughts aside for the moment.

"Because it's not safe for you to wander around outside without anyone. And I don't want to send Micheal over and over again to stalk you. It's better if you stay indoors or with your friends." He explained, and I tried to not focus on the moment we had shared earlier.

He was so close to taking me onto his bed and railing me till I was out of breath. But something stopped him and it was the urge to claim me right then and there. I still needed time to understand what he wanted to do with me—all the things he wanted to do to me.

"I'll try." I said, honestly.

His lips pursed, "If I see you out of your home without any reason, trust me, I'll chain you up to my bed and the next time you'll be seeing your family will be on New Years Eve and even that for five minutes." He warned, frustration at the back of his tone.

I grinned to myself and turned to the door, unlocking. "I might as well do exactly that." I whispered to him while stepping out of the car.

"Stay home." He repeated once more. "And if you find anyone odd lingering, it's a witch. Call me."

"Alright, Dad." I slammed the car door shut. A cold breeze brushed over my body and I shivered involuntarily.

He rolled the window down of his car. His left hand remained over the steering while while his eyes swarmed all over me, desire hidden behind his controlling self. "I'll be coming to claim what's mine. Soon. You have your time. I better not hear anything I don't want to hear." He said, his tone rough and his expression stiff.

I pressed my thighs closer, brushing off any images of him with me, naked and earlier in the library. "Don't try to get yourself killed."

His surprised gaze followed me. "I didn't hear that. Could you repeat yourself, Ciccio? Did I just hear concern?" He teased me.

"Goodnight." I mumbled, turning around and walking farther away from his car while his taunting chuckles rang in my ears all the way till I reached the back door to my house. Only then I heard his car engine running wild and drifting out of the block.

I sighed with relief and stepped inside my house.

A couple tears streamed down my face but I brushed them away before any of my parents caught a glimpse of it. I watched my little sister, Rose, listen to my parents and they tried to explain to her why they were parting from each other. She was still young, unable to understand they were going to part forever instead of just a couple of weeks or months.

Dad had her bags packed. They were three luggages set on the corner, near the door, waiting to leave. He was going to catch the flight tomorrow in the morning that would take him to his hometown where he'd spend some time with his extended family.

The papers were finalized—I was holding onto them.

My parents were divorced.

There was a lump growing in my throat, taking away my breaths and my voice. My chest felt tight with tension and fear of the unknown. I had spent my whole life seeing my parents together, loving each other and now, they were probably never going to see each other for a very long time.