Chapter 16

Chapter 16

What did this man even see inside me?

I was in disbelief and I couldn't come to terms that this man liked me for whatever reason it was. We had terrible encounters. He couldn't like me.

"He's my ex-boyfriend. Not that it should concern you." I leaned back against the headboard of the bed and said while the nail polish over my toes dried. "And why are you even calling me? I still don't understand. Is—is there something you want from me?" This time, I asked him in a gentler tone, hoping it would be something he would respond to.

"I want to talk to you so I want to talk to you," He took in a sharp breath. "Is it hard for you to respond to me?" One moment, he was trying to be a normal person and the other moment, he was snapping and his voice was changing.

"If you keep talking to me like that, I will cut the call right away..." I trailed off.

"I dare you to cut it, Ciccio. I will be at your front door and you will be over my fucking shoulders, passed out as I carry you away from your house and trust me when I say there will be no one to save you from me." At this point, threats were pouring right out of him and he didn't even have to try.

I lined my lips straight and looked away at the window. It was dark outside, the trees were slamming left and right with the strong wind and the sounds of cars passing down the street could be heard.

A part of me wanted to laugh at his threats, as they were quite unreliable and rational. He couldn't possibly get away with kidnapping me but then again, my head flashed back to the night in the station where I first saw him. Could it be possible? Was he a mobster or was my head running wild?

"Okay." I whispered, still holding the phone and the call instead of cutting it. "I won't cut it."

"Good. Don't be hard on me. I'm really trying here," Excitement grew at the back of his tone. "Anyway, I have heard things about you."

My brows furrowed, "What things?" I asked.

"I heard about your Daddy's medical bills and the issues within your family..." I knew where this was going. Exactly where this conversation was heading to. At first I thought the call was random, until he began. "I can help you."

"Mhm. Keep talking." I furthered him to continue.

"I can arrange whatever amount you need and in return—"

"Let me guess, I have to sleep with you?" I rose up from the bed and asked him. Something curled inside me and my head grew hot. "That's not happening."

"You have a very dirty thinking, Ciccio." He sounded disappointed at what I had said. "I don't want to fuck you, not right now at least." He paused, clearly changing his demands in those few seconds. "I would arrange whatever you want and in return, you'll have a date with me."

"Pfft." I laughed it off and ran my fingers through my hair.

Was this man even real?

"My place, my conditions and you'll wear what I want you to wear." He continued and it became wilder in my head to hear him.

"I'm not a whore." I reminded him.

"And you won't be," He declined and took in a deep breath. "Unless you want to be."

Suddenly, I was considering it out of nowhere. There was someone offering me money in exchange of a simple date that wouldn't lead to fucking as promised. But there was a drawback to it all, someone was the same man I had seen become violent with someone and I wasn't sure if I even wanted to talk to him for another minute.

"I need time to think." I cleared my throat and said.

"I can work with that. Call me when you've made a decision. The offer won't be on the table for long." He quickly replied before cutting the cull.

I drew my phone away from my ear and switched it off for the moment. My fingers raced across my throbbing head and I sighed heavily before curling myself forward and pulling my knees to my chest.

I felt terrible that I was even considering his offer. He had threatened me, not once but repeatedly, he had a knife to my throat and nearly killed me. I hated how I was trying to make excuses for it even when the red flags were clear and in front of me. The flags weren't even red, they were crimson and with blood pouring down it.

I could not go on a date with him but at the same time, he was offering me whatever amount I needed to clear my Dad's hospital bills for the time being. The relief it was going to bring me and my family was greater than anything else.

But what if he wanted more?

I didn't have the courage to put a price to my body nor did I ever want to do that. It didn't matter if times became worse or not—I never sold my body off for money and I still didn't want to.

Christopher

My hand was covered with blood. It soaked onto the white sleeve of the shirt I had accidentally wore. On night like these, it was usually black but I was firm I wouldn't be killing anyone tonight until Walter bought me a rogue that was stranded on the road surrounding the city.

"Tell me the truth," I rolled my eyes and looked back at the man staring at me. His face was bluish red, his life was draining in front of him and there was nothing he was doing about it. "Who sent you here?"

"No—no one," He choked out, shaking his head on the ground. "I lost my way. No one sent me here." His voice echoed across the empty, dark hallway of the house. Struggling, he reached for my hand that was buried deep into his chest, wrapped around his beating heart.

"I don't believe you and because I don't believe you, I'm going to kill you." I moved my fingers a little and they ached. It had been a while, probably an hour that I had been forcing a rogue to tell me where he had came from.

He just wouldn't answer.

His eyes lightened up with horror and he did see his end coming when I withdrew my hand from his chest, also drawing out his heart at the same time. Blood poured left and right, spilling everywhere and leaking across the hallway. My claws tugged back into my skin and I tossed away the dead heart on the side, right beside his body.

The rogue's eyes were still wide open but he was dead. It was only a matter of time before his scent would disperse into the hallway and spread across the house.

I didn't want that.

"Take care of the body. Fast." I tapped on Walter's shoulders. "That was a fail evening."

"True." Walter agreed as he kneeled and collected the legs of the dead man.

It wasn't the first time I had killed and neither it was going to be the last time. I intended to only rest after ensuring every living rogue was dead and not entering my territory.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr