Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Christopher

It was late in the night, almost time to fall asleep but my mind was occupied with my thoughts. The warm water ran over my fingers as I cleaned them from the blood I had spilled earlier. The scent was rising in the house, which only meant Walter hadn't taken care of the body yet.

"Walter!" I yelled his name while rushing out of my room. "I have guests coming in an hour. Take care of the body before I take care of yours!" I coursed through the hallway, searching for him and found him moments later, still standing beside the body with two other men by his side. Giving him a death glare, I said, "Quick."

"Sam just bought the truck. We are going to take it in and throw it at the dumpster." Walter replied, quivering a little.

"Good." I sighed and drifted downstairs, ensuring everything was in place, including the food that was being prepped for tonight.

Alicia was coming over with her husband, Maxwell, my first cousin. It was going to be a small family dinner even though the last time I had one of those, I nearly killed Pietro for his remarks at the table. But things were different now, Alicia was my direct contact to my mate and I couldn't ruin it.

I needed to be in her favors.

When I walked out of the kitchen, I nearly slammed against Pietro who stood around, lurking in the hallways while holding a bag of chips.

"I heard screams..." He trailed off, chewing another large chip loudly to the point where I could even hear him swallow.

"Someone died." I replied.

His eyes barely widened but a surprise expression covered his face, "Really? Who was it?"

"A rogue."

"Another one?" The bag of chips scrunched in his hand as he went in for another bite of it.

I snatched it away and discarded it, "You know that irritates me."

"What doesn't?" He rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue in his mouth, only worsening it all more. The sounds he made were a torture for my ears. I still wasn't sure how I was living with him as I barely was able to hold in my wrath. "Do you know it's all going to change when your preppy little princess walks in through those doors? She's going to be chewing in your ears and it's going to be a melody for you." He leaned down and grabbed the packet of chips. "Sometimes, you just have to make sacrifices for those people you love. Including me."

I stood stern at my spot as he gave me a wide smile before walking away and retiring in his room. A sigh of relief passed my lips as I realized he wasn't going to be at dinner since he would be sleeping. I could not have him commenting on every little aspect of my life, especially something as sensitive as mates.

It was different for an Alpha to have one.

A lot more different for me, to have one.

My face lightened for a moment as my phone buzzed in my pants. I grabbed it and quickly attended it before wasting a precious second of my preppy little princess.

"Hello, Ciccio."

"Stop calling me that!" Her voice roared in my ears, setting fire to every emotion I had in my body and leaving for it to burn.

It had been a few hours since I had heard her voice and more than just a couple day since I had seen her. My eyes were yearning to get another glimpse of her face, once more or maybe more than once. It was getting uncontrollable. The mate bond was as raw as it was. The last time I saw her, it became confirmed that she was bonded with me, sown to my soul, sculpted for only me and truly nothing mattered beyond her. In those few minutes, everything fell from my hands, my whole entire world and I only snapped out of it when she left the room.