Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"Oh, fuck, I'm going to die!" I cried out while shutting my eyes tight and grabbing Christopher's arm so he'd be attacked instead of me. The wolf could rip him first and by then, he'd be full so he wouldn't even need to rip me.

I waited for the impact...but there was no impact. My breathing became shallow and my heart stopped thudding quickly. I opened my eyes in caution and found that the wolf had passed us and entered the other side of the forest. My head turned fully, I stared out of the window, seeing the wolf disappear further inside into the tall trees and the empty land beyond.

Relief struck me and I took a sigh. That was too close.

"Really?" A voice rose beside me.

I turned my head back around, finding deep nail prints on Christopher's arm, where I had just held him for a moment. "Oh..." I was a bit surprised. I barely even touched him. "Sorry. I—I got a little scared. I didn't know there were wolves living here."

"Tell me about it." He huffed out a breath before rolling his sleeve down and covering up with the imprints of my nails. "There are wolves everywhere around here. Don't be a fucking pussy about it."

My jaw hung, "You need to talk to me nicely."

"I don't do nice, Ciccio. You should know that by now." He added before turning his attention to his driver. "Drive quicker. Don't stop for anything, Micheal, not until we are in the city." He said with worry in his tone and he was telling me not to be a pussy about it.

I folded my arms over my chest and shifted back to my seat. This time, I didn't look outside out of fear. I didn't know that wolves lived here. I heard often times about mountain lions and bears appearing in the winters but not wolves and I hadn't seen one before until now.

My blood ran cold. The wolf was terrifying, his face and his eyes, he wanted to attack but stopped instead.

I took in a deep breath, forgetting everything that had happened. Maybe Christopher was right, maybe I shouldn't have left the city. If I was driving back alone, I would've definitely crashed the car out of fear of the wolf and killed myself.

He returned to his phone, this time getting on a call with someone else. When he spoke Italian, I didn't understand a single word of it. A car swerved from behind, one of the cars where his men were in. The car came in the front and the other black car sat only a few inches away from the car I was in.

"Who's being a pussy now?" I asked, staring at him in rage. "Are you frightened of a wolf butchering you that you need to have your men surrounding you all the time? Pussy." I fluttered my lashes, taunting him the same way he had snapped at me for merely holding his arm when I was scared.

He drew his phone away from his ears and then ended the call. For a moment I believed he was going to spit out something more disrespectful but instead, his mouth tightened and he smiled.

"I didn't know you were scared. I'm sorry." He whispered. "But...there are wolves everywhere and you probably are going to see a lot of them. I don't want you to be scared of wolves." His tone altered, turning warm with care as he draped an arm over my shoulders. "Not when you're with me. Trust me, I'll always keep you safe, Ciccio."

Really? What was he even thinking? I only dared him for one thing and he acted as if we were going to spend the rest of our lives in each other's embraces.

Something clicked in my mind. His younger brother's words. It had been a few days but I remembered what Pietro had told me about his brother that he would chase me for the rest of my life and that he believed that in some crooked, creepy way, I was his soulmate.

I grew curious, about everything. Who was Christopher Delfino? And what else was he going to do to get me? What did his driver do to me that night? How was he so powerful in the city? What went down in the station? What happened to that man he was beating up? What cult was he running? Why did he command his men to guard me? Why did I have feelings for him?

There were a thousand questions in my head and none of them were answered. Even my own best friend knew this man but didn't dare to say anything about him. He had paid for my Dad's all medical bills, freed me from any worries over it, and helped my family over one date. He had me followed by his men, his driver had knocked me unconscious by whispering something into my ear and his brother had warned me about him.

Either I was doomed for the rest of my life or it was all normal.

We reached Laford quickly after the wolf incident. The car came to a halt near the residence that I had been to earlier. I still remembered running away from here through the back exit that his brother had shown me.

In minutes, we were inside a maroon bedroom with walls as dark as they could get. There was barely light even when the sun was shining brightly outside. The curtains blocked the light.

"You promise to leave me alone after this?" I stood in front of him, my body as cold as it could get. I needed not to show any feelings or let him even think I'd burn for him.

"We'll see about that." He grinned, stepping even closer to me and pressing his body against mine. "You're mine, Ciccio." He pushed all the hair off my shoulders. "You're going to want me and you'll die for me." He sounded sure.

"I'll not," I replied back as my body shuddered. "I'll never want you."

"You will." He placed a hand on the side of my neck before leaning in and whispering. My eyes fell over his mouth, over his lips, his fucking perfect lips. God. "You're going to beg for more after today. I promise you that. I'll ruin you in a way you have never been ruined. I'll consume every inch of your impure soul because that's exactly what you want..." His fingers tightened around my hair, and he tugged it back, "You will cripple for me."

"I will not." I whispered, stern in my words.

He rose my chin and his lip curled into a smirk, "You don't know me."

"Why do I have a feeling I'm about to?"

Heat rushed to my core when his mouth returned to mine. I closed my eyes and savored every second of it. He kissed me as I had never been kissed before, so gently yet so wickedly.

I whimpered a little when his hands raced to the back of my head and lower to my back. My body reacted differently than my mind.

I wanted to submit, spread my legs wide and let him ruin me.

But my mind wanted to control, to challenge, to disagree with whatever he thought he knew about me. I wanted to prove him wrong, I wanted to deem his assumptions incorrect, I wanted him to fuck me and then look me into my eyes as I told him that I would rather fuck my ex-boyfriend than him.

I wanted to take pleasure in disturbing him, to make him feel unworthy, to watch his powerful mighty self to crumble as I'd walk out of here, unsatisfied, and never see him again.

I hated him and nothing was going to change that.