Chapter 2: Carina's Birthday

Maya's POV*. Today is Carina's birthday, she's been staying with Andy for the past two days because I kicked her out the house to decorate the house. I was the only one awake, all the kids are still sleeping. At least that's what I thought, because when I turned around to grab the tape, my oldest was on the couch. Maya "you're not tired honey", Hailey "no mom, plus Kamri keeps climbing into my bed and she won't let me be", Maya "she's your sister. She's not exactly just gonna leave you alone", Hailey "I know but", Maya "can you go to the yard and just set up the chairs for me please", Hailey "sure", Maya "but make sure the tent is completely covering the yard", Hailey "I will", I continued to add more decorations to the whole house. Kamri "mommy", Maya "aren't you tired little miss", Kamri "a little bit but today's mama's birthday. I'm too excited", Maya "I am too", Kamri "we get to dance with mama today", Maya "yeah you girls do, after mama's second dance piece you and your sisters will come out and join her and her backup dancers", Kamri "who's dancing with mama", Maya "Andy, a friend me and mama met. Her name is Stella, Vic, Natasha, Jo, just a few girls. Why don't you go brush your teeth princess", Kamri "okay", Everleigh "mommy I'm hungry", Maya "I am making you girls breakfast, just go brush your teeth", Everleigh and Kamri went to brush their teeth, Hailey came back inside the house after finishing with the chair setup. Maya "did you brush your teeth honey", Hailey "yes mom. I brushed them before I came downstairs", Maya "okay. Can you do me a favor and set up the curling iron in my bathroom so after you girls eat I could start doing your hair", Hailey "okay". I got all the girls to sit at the table and they starting eating and I let them watch a movie as well. I went to the nursery to check on Kingston, surprisingly he was still asleep. While the girls continued to eat I took the time to jump in the shower. I washed my hair, and after getting out, I curled it before getting dressed in a white dress for the party along with heels. Maya "Hailey sweetie can you do me a favor", Hailey "okay, we'll what is it", Maya "could you go to the corner store and get the bouquet of flowers", Hailey "Lilies", Maya "yes baby", Hailey "okay", while Hailey left to get the flowers, I got both Kamri and Everleigh in the shower. Maya "girls please stop splashing water", Everleigh "sorry mommy", Maya "it's okay, just try not to make a mess when you are playing", I washed the girls up and then got them wrapped into their towels, Maya "meet me in my room please", the both of them ran off to my room, and I got the curling iron set up. Maya "where's your dress baby", Kamri "I don't know where mama put it", Maya "it's right here love. Put it on and then meet me in the bathroom, and help Everleigh put hers on", Kamri "okay mommy", Hailey "mom, I'm back and two guests are here", Maya "go get in the shower, and get dressed. When your done so I could do your hair. The party is starting soon", Natasha "I hope you didn't mind we came early", Maya "its absolutely fine, you could actually run the dance with the girls, Robert could you please help set up the tables with everything, like the food and all that", Robert "sure", I left back to the bathroom to curl the girls hair, and then they went off to Natasha to start running through the dance with her. Robert "everything looks so nice", Maya "thanks. Robert I know this isn't the time to talk about this but I really appreciate you for helping me get my position back", Robert "it's not big deal. You are the best captain our station could ask for", Maya "thanks", Robert "when's Carina coming over", Maya "in a bit", Robert "is that Carina's outfit", Maya "yeah she's wearing that dress but when she does the dance with the girls she's gonna be wearing something else", Robert "thanks for giving me another chance", Maya "it's no big deal", as Robert continued to put the food on the tables and set everything up.

I posted a whole bunch of pictures of me and Carina throughout the years with the caption, "where do I even start. We met in a bar, fell in love instantly, got married and now we have four amazing kids. Hailey, Kamri, Everleigh, and Kingston will continue to look up to you, your an amazing wife. Your my best friend, I love this journey of ours and I can't wait to continue this journey with you. Love you so much, happy birthday babe". By the time Robert finished setting up all the food, people started to show up. Kamri "Ellis come play with me", Hailey "mama is here", Maya "go ahead outside and attack with her hugs", the girls left the backyard and nearly all jumped into Carina's arms. Carina "hi my girls", Hailey "happy birthday mama", Everleigh "happy birthday mama", Kamri "Buon compleanno mamma", Carina "thank you girls", Maya "happy birthday babe", Carina "thanks babe. This is amazing. This whole thing, and the fact that you did all this by yourself with just some help, it makes me appreciate you even more than I already do. I love you so much". Maya "I love you too". Andy "are we cool", Natasha "yes, I hope your not mad about me being in a relationship with Robert", Andy "it's not a big deal. Besides I'm married to Ryan. I'm happy for the two of you. You both deserve it". Kamri "mommy I'm hungry", Maya "baby girl you know you can have whatever you want", Kamri "there's too much people mommy", Maya "do you want mommy to serve you", Kamri "yes", Maya "where's Hailey", Kamri "I don't know", I served Kamri and Everleigh and went to search for Hailey. I found her in the bathroom crying, "babes what's wrong", Hailey "I can't breathe mommy", Maya "shh you're okay. Come here bubba", I pulled her into my lap, and wrapped my arms around her. She couldn't stop crying, Carina "babe. There you are. Hailey, what's wrong honey", Hailey "too much people", Carina "why now. You know everyone here, what's triggering it", Hailey's hands and arms were shaking, Carina "calm down bambina. Your fine", Maya "I think someone is a little bit too emotional because today's your birthday", Carina "how about we do the dance, and officially start this gathering", Maya "okay sounds good to me", Carina "bambina why don't you go get your sisters, Zola and Ellis and go change", Hailey "okay", Carina "babe can you gather up the girls", Maya "yes", I went downstairs and gathered all of Carina's backup dancers. They chatted and changed with Carina, Jack "what's going on", Robert "where did all the girls go", Maya "they are supporting Carina, they are backup dancing to Carina. She's been waiting a long time.