Chapter 11

Author's pov

Vegas spared a glance at Big who was panting with wide eyes while holding his now bruised neck.

"Take him with you and don't appear infront of me until you find your target. But remember if you fail this time too...I'll end your story" Vegas proclaimed.

"Now scram !" Vegas yelled startling Big. The guard hurriedly got up and picked his still unconscious friend up and got out of the room.

"Uh may I take him to the doctor now?" Porsche asked grabbing Vegas's attention.

"Why ?" He asked with a raise of his eyebrow.

Is this psychotic bitch dumb or what ? Porsche thought.

"So they can treat his wounds ? And give him some medicine?" Porsche ended his sentences with a questioning tone as if to tell Vegas that those were the most obvious things. Vegas scoffed.

"There's no need for that. I'm gonna kill him anyway" He said like it was the most normal thing to kill someone. Kinn's and Porsche's eyes became bigger .

Vegas took out his gun from the back pocket of his pants and pointed at Pete. Pete was silent all this time letting his mysterious saviour do all the work of saving his life. But seems like he was not that lucky to get out of this mess alive.

"Please d-don't kill me. I will never open my mouth! I will never..." Pete pleaded, his bottom lip quivering pitifully. Fat droplets of tears rolled down his cheeks. Vegas's expression remained stoic and he didn't move the gun.

Pete's life has always been shitty. First his parents died in a car accident which he managed to survive. The orphanage that took him in was hell on earth. They used to make the children work like labourers and give very little to eat. He witnessed some of the children dying because of malnutrition. He was somehow alive till he was eighteen. But when he turned eighteen, they kicked him out. He spent a week on the streets before finding a job at a convenience store.

Life got a little better after getting a job and finding an apartment. His roommate was an angel. They used to split up the rent and every other bill . He took a nursing course and finally became a nurse. He left the job at the convenience store. Everything was going fine until one day he was kidnapped and found himself tied to a chair.

Pete shut his eyes tightly when he heard the slide of the gun being pulled. This was it. He has never imagined dying like this.

"VEGAS !" Kinn shouted just as Vegas was about to pull the trigger.

"We don't kill people that don't have anything to do with us. Did you forget father's rule ?!"

Vegas drew the gun back and looked at Kinn. His cousin was sly. Kinn knew the only person he respects is Korn. So couldn't do anything that will displease the man.

"So you'll let him go and give him the opportunity to tell the whole world about our secrets? You can quit if you have such a soft heart!" Vegas spat with venom lacing his voice.

"You are not the head of the mafia. You won't make the rules here" Kinn said. His usually calm demeanor replaced with passive aggressiveness long ago. Vegas clenched his teeth. He kicked the nearby chair in vexation.

"Fine but he'll stay here until he dies. And if he runs away I'll be the first to shoot you in the eye " Vegas threatened but Kinn didn't look intimidated by him at all. After that Vegas stormed out of the room.

Here, bless your eyes with this picture ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)