Chapter 85

Author's pov

After dinner, they got out of the restaurant. Vegas started driving to the oposite direction of the mansion.

"Where are we going?" Pete asked .

"Somewhere near. Do you like fireworks?" Vegas questioned, keeping his attention on the road.

"Yes they're really sparkly and pretty" Pete answered smiling.

"That's great" Vegas said taking a quick glance at Pete's smiling face.

Pete admired the buildings and Vegas (but that is for only him to know) for the next half an hour. Vegas parked his car at a parking lot in exchange of money and got out with Pete.

They walked side by side as their hands brushed against each other.
Pete was a bit hesitant to hold Vegas's hand because there were people.

Vegas slowly slipped his fingers in Pete's hand and intertwined it with his.

A pink blush coated both of their cheeks.

Looking around him, Pete realised that they were now in the Chao Phraya sky park. This place looks more romantic at night.

As they got farther, Pete saw a light gathering of people. Most of them were couples. Some were different and some were exactly like them.
Pete felt a spark of happiness noticing more same sex couples. They weren't alone afterall.

"Is it a festival today?" Pete asked .

"Not really. There will be fireworks today. We can get a nice view from here" Vegas replied finding a bench for them to sit.

The cool light breeze coming from the river made Pete shiver .

"Are you cold ?" Vegas examined.

"No it's just the wind" Pete shook his head .

Suddenly the older wrapped an arm around him and pulled him closer. Butterflies erupted in Pete's stomach like dynamites.
The warmth emitting from Vegas's body bigger body, was comforting.

"It'll start in a few minutes now" Vegas said checking the time on his phone. 8:57 p.m .

And just like the older's words, the fireworks started appearing in the sky. All the couples got closer and so did them.

 All the couples got closer and so did them

"This is so beautiful...." Pete said fascinatingly looking at the sky then at Vegas.

"Yes it is" Vegas said adverting his eyes from the fireworks to the boy in his arm.

A strong gush of wind blew, making a strand of Vegas's hair fall infront of his eyes.

Pete raised his hand and gingerly tucked the strand beside Vegas's ear.
He then realised what he was doing and turned red in embarrassment.

"I-I am sorry. It's just y-your h-hand was..." Pete apologised fiddling with his thumb.

Vegas's heart was pumping more blood at the younger's loveliness. He's so loveable that Vegas wants to kiss him every minute.

The light coming from the fireworks illuminated Pete's face in an ethereal way.

Vegas slipped the index finger of his free hand under Pete's chin and made the smaller look up.

"May I ?" He asked .

Pete's eyes widened adorably.

"Y-yes"

That was what Vegas needed to hear before pressing his lips to Pete's.
The younger's lips felt like rose petals against his. Vegas's hand held the side of Pete's jaw and caressed his cheek with his thumb while kissing him passionately.

The smaller was bashfully returning the kiss while holding onto Vegas's coat.

Vegas smiled in the kiss, feeling euphoric. Never in his life has he ever thought that falling for someone could feel so heavenly.

Pulling back from the kiss , they started at eachother forgetting about everything and everyone around them.

"I like you Pete...so much. I'm afraid what I feel for you is much more than just like" Vegas whispered near Pete's lips.

Pete was spellbound by Vegas's confession. That means all this time what he felt wasn't one sided.
Salty liquid fell from his eyes as a watery laugh escaped his quivering lips.

"I like you too...a lot"

Vegas wiped the latter's tears and pulled him in another love filled kiss.

That night their broken souls found home in each other's arms.

____

Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.

They call it serendipity.

____

Book one ends here.
My sincere love to the people who supported me ❤️ Without you all I'm nothing ❤️

And no this isn't the end. Remember, the prologue still doesn't make sense? Well...it will, in book 2 ;⁠)

Book two of 'Trapped' is already out❣️ Just go to my profile and you'll see it 💜

Take care, love yourselves and always be happy 💜

Rak na!! ❤️ (Stole it from Google, forgive me if it's not correct)