Chapter 19

Author's pov

Pete was stunned. Because with his nursing job he could barely make 20 grands per year. And here they'll give him 30 grands per month?! That too for being a servant?

But this costed him his freedom. He'll be imprisoned here for the rest of his life. Pete doesn't know what will happen to Gun. Will he be able to pay the rent alone ? Did he get worried about his disappearance? Even if his roommate files a complain to the police, they won't be able to find him. The people here, can just throw a bunch of money to close his case.

Pete felt depressed while walking out of Vegas's study room. He didn't notice when he reached Porsche's room. After opening the door, he saw Porsche instructing two guards who were taking a mattress inside the bedroom. He looked at Porsche with a lost look that clearly said what-is-going-on-here?

"Set the mattress and I'll handle the rest" Porsche said to the people setting up another bed. He then adverted his attention to Pete.

"When did you come back?" Pete asked.

"Like ten minutes ago ?" Porsche asked himself shrugging his shoulders.

"And your bed has arrived. We will be sharing one bedroom. You don't have a problem with that, do you?" The older ventured looking sheepishly at Pete.

"Why ? No, of course not. I'm glad we'll share a room. I don't know anyone else here so it'll be easier if I stay with you" Pete said smiling.

"Oh I'm feeling special~" Porsche said shading fake tears and wiping them dramatically. Pete laughed and hit the older playfully.

"I have another news for you" Porsche stated.

"Hm? What is it ?"

"It's regarding your job here"

"Oh yeah I was informed about that a while ago. I'll start working after three weeks, right ?" Pete made sure.

"Huh ? Who told you?" Porsche questioned.

"It was Mr. Vegas actually. He called me in his study to let me know about it" Pete answered.

"Oh makes sense. He and Mr. Kinn were discussing about it earlier" Porsche said nodding.

"Then he must've told you about your training that will begin shortly after you start working as a servant"

Pete looked baffled.
"What training? I don't remember him mentioning something like that"

"Wait, he didn't tell you? All the maids here have to be trained in swimming, gun operating and lock picking" Porsche said like he's spilling facts.

"What ?! But why ?" Pete exclaimed.

"Well...we're working for a mafia clan after all. Even aunt Mei is an expert in those. I'm sure you will ace the training session" Porsche encouraged the younger.

"Even aunt Mei? I can't do those stuff. I'm dead already" Pete said in a whining voice.

"You can and you will. This is the rule here. No one can break it" Porsche said patting Pete's back. Pete's shoulders slumped as he gave Porsche sad puppy eyes. The taller covered his eyes with a hand.

"Nope . I can't do anything" Porsche said dragging a sulking Pete to their bedroom.

And then they ask me why I have trust issues

And then they ask me why I have trust issues.... •‿•