Chapter 18

Author's pov

"We're here" Macau announced stopping infront of a door with Bella in his arms. The puppy looked at Pete and made a few squeaky sounds of displeasure because she was separated from her new favourite human earlier. Pete smiled apologetically at her and gave her a few pats on the head.

"Best of luck Phi. I'll be going now" Macau said showing the older a thumbs up. He parted ways with Pete leaving him standing infront of the door nervously. He chewed on his lower lip contemplating whether he should go in or not. He has two options and either way, he'll die .

So Pete decided to face his problems. He got himself together and did a little breathing exercise. The middle aged guard who was standing beside the door looked at him weirdly but didn't say anything. Pete then knocked on the door.

Few seconds later he heard a raspy voice answering , "Come in"

Pete opened the door and poked his head inside. Vegas was already looking his way with an unreadable expression. Pete gulped and opened the door wider to get in.

"Close the door" Vegas ordered when Pete got inside the room. Pete stiffened. Did this psycho call him here to kill him and then dispose his body secretly so that nobody would be able to find him ? All Pete wanted to do was run out of the room and hide somewhere.
He had time but he didn't have the guts.

Pete unwillingly closed the door and stood very close to it . So if Vegas tries to kill him he'll have a better access to the door. But seems like Vegas had other plans. He raised an eyebrow at Pete after putting away his book. He gestured with his index finger for Pete to come forward.

Pete glanced at the door then walked few steps closer to Vegas's desk . He stood there while having an uneasy feeling in his stomach. Vegas scrutinized him from head to with a straight face. It was hard to tell what he was thinking.

"How're your wounds?" Vegas uttered out of the blue. Pete gaped at him in astonishment. That was......unexpected ? Hell, that caught Pete completely off guard.

Vegas cocked his head to the side and Pete realised that he hasn't answered him yet . His mouth was open like a fish out of the water.

"O-oh that- uh they are healing well ?" He stumbled out a response which ended in a self doubting tone. The poor guy was flabbergasted.

"Hm good. Now let's get to the real discussion" Vegas deadpanned.

"Since you'll be living here from now on, you might as well be of some use" He paused as he looked Pete up and down once again.

"You seem too weak to work as a guard. But I'm positive you'll make a great maid. I'm giving you two weeks to get healed. After that, you'll be given your uniform and you'll officially start working here"

"Not for free of course. You will get 30 grands per month" He added looking smug upon noticing how Pete's eyes widened after hearing the sum of money .

No everyone shut up 😭 Bible can't resist Build's gorgeousness 😭😭 My guy is WHIPPED 😭

One more exam and I'll be back again with my regular updates 🤧
I'll publish another five chapters at once after 30th July 🤧

Thank you all for putting up with me 😭💜