Chapter 45

Author's pov

"Hm...pretty impressive" Apinya said looking at Pete's lithe hands arranging the parts.
To be honest, it wasn't that difficult with the instructions.

"You'll have to do the same thing without any instruction and within a limited time" the gun specialist said linking the fingers of her two hands together.

"Now let's take you to the shooting room" she said . EH ?!! Pete exclaimed in his head. It's only his first day of training. Are they planning to make him an assassin or what ?

Pete didn't get enough time to mourn in silence because Apinya was already infront of the door. He rushed to follow her.

She got Pete shooting glasses and headphones and handed him the gun that he was fiddling with earlier. Standing beside him, she advised him on how to hold the gun and etc.

"Shooting effectively should always be done with two hands when possible, because a two-handed grip is always more stable and therefore more accurate. First, hold the gun with your dominant hand and place it high on the grip"

She showed while holding a gun herself.
"And remember, always assume a gun is loaded"
Saying this, she pressed the trigger and the bullet hit the target in the middle within a millisecond. Pete was in awe .

He nodded. His palms were sweaty . He had never held a real gun in his life. The object feels heavy in his hands.

"Hm now give that to me. For your first time you'll practice with an airsoft gun" Apinya said taking the real pistol from Pete.

Even holding the airsoft pistol didn't ease Pete's nerves.

"The thumb of your non-dominant hand should be right underneath and slightly forward of your dominant hand's thumb and against the frame"

"Correct your posture. Square your shoulders and lean forward slightly with your torso. Yeah like that" Apinya continued to instruct him further.

"Grip it firmly. Set your target"

"Are you ready to shoot?" She asked. Pete only hummed, all his focus was on the target.

"Okay..now shoot" she muttered.

Pete pressed the trigger and the result shocked not only both of them but some other trainees also.

The bullet hit the wall far beside the target. There was a pregnant silence before Apinya sighed pinching the bridge of her nose. The other guards who witnessed this, laughed out loud.

"Keep practicing until you shoot the target at least once" Pete's tainer said then walked away.

Pete's face went pink in embarrassment as he took off his headphone.

"This isn't for you pretty boy" a tall guard with a stubble beard and American accent said also taking off his headphones. He was a foreigner for sure.

Pete looked at him with knitted brows.

"Stop trying to bully him John" another tall and noticably attractive guard said overtaking him.

"Don't mind him. He's like that to everyone" the handsome guy said coming beside Pete.

"Uh it's fine. I failed to hit the target anyway" Pete said dejectedly.

"Hey don't worry. I can tell it's your very first time with a gun. It's normal to miss the goal" the guard said flashing a smile. Pete gave one in return.

"I'm Anthony, nice to meet you by the way. What's your name?"

"My name's Pete. Pleased to meet you too" Pete said being polite.

"So Pete , need any help with shooting? I can instruct you just fine" Anthony offered.

"Oh you would? That would be great actually" Pete said gratefully.

Been laughing at this for hours now 🤣🤣 Bubbles and their imagination 🤣💀