Chapter 34

Author's pov

Vegas stood inside his bathroom staring at himself in the mirror. Monster. Yeah that's what he has become. The remaining kindness in him had faded away long ago. Now he's a living corpse with an improbable lust for revenge.

He turned the faucet on and wet his hands. He rubbed them on his face to get rid of the blood. His hands became crimson as he examined them with unimpressed eyes. He's too deep into blood, there's no turning back now.

After taking a shower he got into different clothes. A loose black silk shirt and black pants . He has another thing to do.

________________________________

"Porsche? What is happening?" Pete asked when he saw the other servants decorating the living room with flowers, candles and incense sticks.

"Ah right you still don't know about it" Porsche said looking around.

"About what ?" Pete questioned.

"Today is the death anniversary of Mr. Vegas's parents" Porsche answered.

Pete's eyes widened. That guy is also an orphan? Pete somehow felt a sense of sympathy towards him. But the image of Vegas's face covered in blood flashed before his eyes once again. It made Pete have second thoughts .

"Even someone like him laments about his parents?" Pete wondered, saying his thoughts out loud.

"Pete psst !" Porsche made a sound to get the attention of the younger but Pete continued to babble.

"It's a bit foreign to know that he's doing all these stuff" Pete said.

"Stooop now and look behind" Porsche said while sweating from nervousness.

"Huh ? What ?" Pete asked dumbly.

"Hm! Behind you!" The older whisper yelled .

He turned around. The devil himself was standing there in all black boring his eyes into Pete's soul. The shorter stumbled back and Porsche caught him. It was hard to tell what Vegas was thinking because his eyes held a mixture of a few emotions. But something akin to hurt and anger was evident.

"I'm t-terribly sorry Mr. Vegas. I'll teach him some manners. Come with me, you little rascal !" Porsche bowed and made Pete do the same while apologizing to Vegas.

Pete witnessed Vegas's cold eyes taking him in and for a split second he pondered what they would look like if his parents were still alive. Would they be as dispassionate as they are now ? Or would they look like a warm pool of chocolate?

Pete snapped out of his thoughts when he felt someone dragging him. It was his friend. They stopped near the kitchen counter. Suddenly, Porsche hit his head. He hissed as he rubbed the area where the older hit him.

"Are you trying to die ?! Don't ever say shit about your bosses when you're outside" Porsche stated seriously.

"But you can bitch about them all you want when we're inside our room" the older's firmness disappeared with the last sentence as he and Pete both cracked up.

"Pftt- I will keep that in mind" Pete replied snorting.

"Ah you two are free, I assume?" Mei inquired.

"Ah yes at this moment we-" Porsche couldn't finish his line as his phone rang. Taking a glance at the caller ID, he said, "Well seems like I need to go. Mr. Kinn is calling"

"Oh sure" Mei compiled.

"Then Pete ? Are you available?" She inquired.

"Yes. What do you need me to do?"

"Thank god, everyone else is packed with tasks. Could you please go to Mr. Vegas's art room and bring the photos of his parents?"

"I'll give you the directions. Just bring them to the living room. Take them off the wall carefully, okay?" Mei adviced. The only thing Pete could do was nod his head.

It's them lmao 🤌🏼

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It's them lmao 🤌🏼

Trapped (VegasPete) Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें