Chapter 17

Author's pov

"Uh...haha she's so weird today. She doesn't cling onto anyone easily, especially not to someone new" Macau said watching the pup snuggle into the crock of Pete's neck. Pete held the puppy like a baby and continued to scratch her back.

"No don't worry. I love puppies" Pete said smiling fondly. Suddenly Macau looked behind Pete and stood up. Pete didn't pay much attention as he was busy babying the little fluff that was relaxing in his hold.

"When did you come back ?" Someone asked and Pete flinched. The voice was too familiar. He abruptly stood up with the puppy. He felt someone's presence right beside him but didn't dare to glance at the person.

"Hey bro" Macau said side hugging his brother.

"School ended earlier today so yeah came a while ago" he added letting go of his brother.

Vegas is his big brother?! Pete thought. He was dying internally. Out of all people in this mansion, he just had to bump into Vegas's little brother, didn't he ? Could his luck get any worse ?

"What are you doing with him ?" Vegas asked his brother pointing at Pete who shrank in size .

"He's my new friend. We were about to eat. And look Bella likes him so much that she doesn't wanna let go of him" Macau said excitedly. Vegas looked at Pete skeptically.

Pete glanced at him and accidentally made eye contact. He immediately moved his eyes to the floor as if he'd seen something forbidden.

Pete was praying to God for his life. He didn't want to be anywhere near this heartless psycho guy. His previous torture was enough to make Pete fear him for eternity.

"Mhm..okay eat your meal. I'll be in my study" Vegas said giving a pat on his younger brother's head. Pete released a breath when he thought Vegas would walk away but he was so wrong.

"And you" Vegas called. Pete's breath hitched. He looked at Vegas with dread in his eyes.

"Come see me when you're done eating. Don't even think about fleeing, got it ?" Vegas proclaimed. Pete nodded with downcast eyes.

"Words" Vegas said sternly.

"Y-yes" Pete's voice cracked while answering. Vegas strode out of the room after getting his response.

Pete felt like crying. Why did he call him ? Will he hit him again? Thoughts like this filled Pete's head as he sat down on the stool. Their food was already on the counter but Pete had lost his appetite.

"Why do you look so scared Phi ?" Macau asked looking concerned. Is he really gonna ask me that ? Pete thought.

"I-it's nothing really" Pete shook his head trying to brush off the matter.

"Don't be worried. Phi Vegas won't scold you" Macau said attempting to calm Pete's nerves . Oh he might do something worse. Pete thought.

"I uh don't really know where the study room is" Pete said scratching his head.

"I'll take you there. Now eat or your food will get cold" Macau said shoving a spoon full of rice and curry inside his mouth. Pete nodded and picked up his spoon with his right hand as his other hand was occupied by Bella.

w-who LET HIM BE THIS SEXY ?!! Lord save me 😭

Lord save me 😭