Chapter 39: Just you

"Rihanna!" Austin exclaimed in happiness when his eyes fell on me. A smile stretched on my face at the sight of this bundle of joy. He walked in the living room and wrapped me in a bear hug. I liked how easy going he was. He was like a little brother.

"Nora" I quickly pushed Austin away at the sound of this familiar voice. A gasp escaped Austin. He sounded betrayed.

"Did you push me away for Arthur, Riri?" Austin questioned in bewilderment. I ran to Arthur and wrapped my arms around him. I haven't realized how much I needed to see a familiar face. Arthur was one of my main anchors. A sigh escaped my lips as my face rested against his chest.

"Are you good, Nora?" Arthur asked, squeezing me gently before releasing me.

"I am" I breathed. Alec was standing by the door, his eyes not leaving me. His eyes slowly trailed to my neck then he focused a few seconds before looking at me. He must have noticed that I have covered the hickeys with make up. I quickly looked at Arthur to break eye contact with Alec. "I'm so happy to see you here" I said with happiness.

"I will not do the same mistake I did a few years ago, Nora" he responded seriously. I could see the anger glimmering in his eyes. It was then that I realized that Jace was most probably outside.

"It was not your fault. It was mine." I said with finality.

"Can we bring him in?" Austin asked me. He didn't ask Alec. He asked me. I was surprised. I nodded before wrapping my arms around myself. I was going to have to face him sooner or later.

"Take him to the basement" I heard Alec order. In a few seconds, three men walked in. Two of them were holding onto Jace while the other was walking behind him. Jace has his hands tied behind his hands. He had a smirk on his face. Alec walked to us, then stood by my side.

"Isn't that my woman?" Jace said tauntingly. I sensed Alec tense next to me. He clenched his jaws. The men walked towards the basement with Austin guiding them. "Is that my punishment?" Jace shouted. He sounded so delusional. Jace was mentally sick. "Torture me, Eva. That would be one hell of a punishment" he laughed. I shivered in disgust then rolled my eyes. I needed to be strong for what was happening.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Arthur asked. I turned to face him and Alec. I knew that Alec wanted to ask me the same question.

"I'm one fucking strong woman and I am up for this" I said. "I would like if you guys would trust me on this" I breathed.

"I didn't say anything" Alec said casually.

"Your face says it all" I chuckled. Arthur observed our exchange with a frown.

"I'm going to see if Austin and the guys need help" Arthur said, before walking away. I started following him but then I was quickly pulled back. I crashed into Alec's back.

"Why did you hide them?" He demanded. I decided to act dumb. I knew that he was talking about the hickeys.

"Hide what?" I asked.

"My marks" he whispered in my ears. I couldn't help but chuckle at his words. Goosebumps rose on my skin.

"Why wouldn't I hide them?" I asked and turned around to face him. There was a cute frown on his face.

"Why?" He demanded again.

"Why is it bothering you?" I questioned. I crossed my arms and rose my eyesbrows in confusion. "You can't be marking me as yours" I added. He clenched his jaws then took a step closer to me. His breath was fanning all over my face.

"Why not?" He asked seriously.

"Because I am not yours" I said firmly before walking to the basement. I didn't want to argue with him right now. Yes, we were indeed fucking. But that was it. I was no one's. These hickeys were just marks from a heated moment. There was a door by the side of the basement door. And that was then that I realised that it was the door that led to the mirror room. I could see Arthur and Austin standing side by side, watching the three other men tying Jace to the chair.

It was disturbing to see that Jace was completely unfazed by what was happening. He didn't seem to have any fear. He borderline seemed bored.

"Evanora" Alec suddenly said from next to me.

"It's Nora, Alec" I corrected.

"It's Evanora. Your parents named you Evanora" Alec retorted. I couldn't help the grin that formed on my face.

"Can't they hear us?" I questioned curiously.

"No. They can't hear us. But we can hear them" Alec said. I nodded then stared at him.

"When are we starting?" I questioned nervously.

"As soon as you're ready" he answered honestly.

"I am ready. But I don't want Austin and Arthur around" I told him.

"Why?"

"Because I know Jace" I said with a sigh. "I know that he'll be attacking. He knows my weaknesses. He will say things that I don't particularly want Austin and Arthur to know" I explained.

"What about me?" He asked.

"I want you here" I admitted.

"Why?" He asked, taking a step in my direction. His voice was just above a whisper. He was making me feel ways that I have never felt before.

"Alec, stop" I breathed.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Acting like this. Having sex is one thing and constantly flirting is something else" i huffed.

"I wasn't flirting" Alec defended.

"So you talk to everyone else like this?" I mimicked his deep and sultry voice. Amusement was glimmering in his eyes. I was glad that Jace's presence was not changing what we had.

I didn't know what we had.

"Everyone else isn't you. Just you, Evanora" Alec said, making my eyes widened at his words.