Chapter 29: Burst

My shitty life was nothing.

Then why the hell was I doing here? If Alec really thought that my life was worthless, then why did he bring me here? I was standing on the balcony with my robe on, staring the beautiful scenery that the room offered. It was a little bit cold, but nothing that I can't handle. His words were echoing endlessly in my head. I had nothing to keep me distracted except some books that I found in this drawer. Immense regret quickly built inside of me when I thought about my phone that I threw through the car window.

Fuck me for being so impulsive.

The sound of the door opening turned my attention to the room. The door of the balcony was opened, so I slipped in to see Alec standing by the door. He had a frown on his face as his eyes trailed down my body. I was ready for bed. This translucent robe was not something that I would normally wear but this is what Alec brought.

"Dinner's ready" He muttered. I rolled my eyes, then made my way to the bed. I lifted the blanket, then sat down.

"I am not hungry" I responded calmly. My eyes bored into his, to show him that I was not scared of him. I was not even intimidated. I was simply hurt. It was all my fault for keeping high expectation off people that didn't deserve it.

"You haven't eaten sin-" he started but I quickly rose my hand to stop him from talking even more. It was going to piss me off if he acted as if he actually gave a fuck about me.

"I am not hungry" I repeated, not wanting to get into another argument with him. My stomach wanted to kill me as I was actually hungry. My huge ego was yelling at it to keep quiet and not to grumble in front of the asshole who was staring at me as if I was a whole bag of issue that has been given to him. I slipped my feet under the blanket, then pulled it on me while I sat on the bed. "Turn the light off on your way out, please" I said, with no emotion in my tone. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing pain in my voice or on my face. He inhaled deeply, ran his hand in his silky hair, then walked out of the room without turning the light off.

I hated when people would do that.

I groaned loud enough, then pushed the blanket off me. I stomped to the door, shut it close with a loud bang then turned the switch off making the room go all dark. The only thing that was a source of light in the room was the moon. I had the curtains of the balcony stretched open so that I could see that view when I was going to wake up in the morning. I turned on the little lamp that was standing on the side table, then sat on the bed again. I was staring at the wall in front of me. There was an artwork just above the chimney. It was an abstract art. I thought of my parents. I don't even recall when was the last time i had a proper conversation with them or the last time I actually went to see them.

"You're so stupid" I breathed to myself, rubbing my eyes with my fingers. I missed them. I was hating myself for not communicating with them more often. I was pretty certain that Vanessa was updating them on me. But who the hell was updating me on them?

That's what you get for throwing your phone!

The door suddenly opened, making me jump in fear. Clutching the blanket closer to me, I peeked through my hair to see Alec standing by the door with a tray in his hands. He used his elbow to turn on the light again, then walked to me. His eyes never flicked to me at any moment. He put the tray on the side table. My stomach growled at the sight of fried rice in front of me. I could see chicken, prawn, mushroom and egg in it. There was even two glasses of juice on the tray. What confused me was the two plates of rice that was present in front of me.

"I am not hungry" I lied. Alec clenched his jaws, then sat on the bed in front of me. He lifted the plate, then placed it on my lap. He put a spoon on it, then didn't say anything. He then took his plate, then started eating. I stared at him in total confusion. Why was he giving me food after he said that he didn't mind me dead? What if he poisoned the food. I was now glaring at the food before glaring at the beautiful tattooed human.