Chapter 28: Provoke

The wooden house that stood in front of me, was purely amazing. Wait. Did I say house? No. It was a freaking mansion. As I stood on the porch, I turned around to see Alec taking out the suitcases. Apparently, he already had my clothes packed without my acknowledgement. I was still really pissed at him but I didn't stop myself from admiring his beautiful self. I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts, then walked around the house to have a look. The scenery was blissful.

And peaceful.

The mansion was situated on a hill so I had a truly magnificent view. It was slowly turning dark outside, hence, the lights from the far away city were like millions of little stars. A smile stretched on my face. I could decipher a few houses here and there but other than that, there was nothing except woods.

"The door is open" I heard Alec said in a non-chalant tone. I made my way back to the front porch. Alec was already inside with our suitcases. When I stepped into the house, I felt like I was literally dreaming. I was simply looking at the massive corridor and I was already impressed. There were long mirrors all only the hallway. I started walking until I reached the common areas. On one side, there was the living room and on the other side, there was the huge kitchen. Everything was rustic.

One thing that captured my attention was the balcony that was attached to the living room. My feet automatically made their way towards the huge screen door. I slide it open to realized that it was not just a small balcony. There was a jacuzzi and a barbecue area. There was a small covered area where there were two swings and a small table in the middle. The view from here was better. I could see a few horses that were most probably Alec's as their enclosure was connected to this property.

"I'll show you your room" Alec grumbled from behind me. I didn't bother responding. I simply turned around, walked back in, then waited for him to make a move. He exhaled loudly before picking up a suitcase, then making his way up the wooden stairs. As I walked up the stairs, I was expecting the steps to creak as I walked on them, But No.

Not a sound.

Soon, we were in another living room which had two corridors on its extremities. Alec made his to the left corridor, having following him like a lost puppy. I had both of my hands linked in my huge sweater pockets. My hoodie was on my head and I was simply staring at the floor. He stopped in front of the door that was the last one in the corridor. He opened it, then moved slightly so that I could go in first.

"Thank you" I muttered, not thanking him at all. He walked in, rolled the suitcase to the walk-in closet.

"I'm going to get your suitcases" Alec mumbled. I blinked several times, registering his words. I quickly turned around to look at him walking back to the door.

"My suitcases? Isn't this one mine?" I asked, a frown forming on my face.

"No. That's mine, Evanora" Alec sighed before turning his back to me again.

"Why did you bring me to your room?" I questioned, crossing my arms to seem a little more intimidating than the man who was way taller and way muscular than me.

"We are both sleeping here" Alec muttered while walking. I quickly followed behind, disagreeing against the choice that he took on his own.

"Why?" I demanded, as he bent to get the other two suitcases. He held the them in each of his hands, then turned to face me. He made those two huge heavy luggage seem so light. He was looking at me with no emotions on his face. He didn't bother answering me. He started walking up the stairs again, walking past me as if I was a freaking ghost. Again, I followed him back to the room. This time, I gauge in the beauty that was present in front of me. There was a huge dark brown canopy bed in the middle of the room. Several plants were hanging from the top of it. The walls were tan coloured and the furniture were all dark brown.