Chapter 3:Dance Floor Mishap

"Do you mind getting me a drink?" I asked Arthur as I sat next to him. He shook his head after he took a sip of his own drink. He put it back on the table, then fix his glasses as he stood up.

"What would you like to drink?" Arthur asked me.

"Vodka" I said.

"What about you?" He asked the others. Remy lifted his hand as in motioning that he was good. He had a bottle of coke in front of him. I guess that he was not drinking tonight. Vanessa and Cassandra ordered the same drink as me. Remy stood up and came to sat next to me, aka, Arthur's seat. I offered him a little smile, then turned my attention to the people dancing on the dance floor. When I felt a hand slip on my thigh, I jumped in my seat.

"What do you think you're doing, Remy?" I asked as I took his hand off me. Vanessa and Cassandra were quite far away and due to the music, they were probably not hearing us. Remy frowned. He didn't answer my question. I sighed. I hated that type of situation. I knew that he was a good guy. Why didn't I like him that way then?

There was no sparks.

I needed the freaking sparks.

"Here you go!" Arthur said as he placed my drink in front of me. I smiled, then quick took a sip. Soon, the sip became a whole big gulp. My glass was empty when I put in on the table. Arthur was glaring at me. "You're not getting that drunk tonight" He emphasized on 'that'. I rolled my eyes. I was here to have fun and not to bother about whatever happened between Remy and I. I stood up, took Arthur's hand in mind, then walked to the dance floor. There was some trap music playing. Vanessa, Cass and Remy followed behind.

"I love that song!" Cass shouted and started moving her hips, twerking and playing with her hair. She attracted some attention on her. She loved that. She pulled Remy to her. They were now both dancing with each other. I could notice that Remy was looking at me from time to time. Vanessa, Arthur and I were dancing together.

Vanessa and I started singing the song out loud as we moved our bodies to the sound. Arthur just moved on the spot. That was his way of dancing.

Right, left, right, left.

That's how his feet work.

Vanessa turned me around so that she was now behind me. I laughed while moving my hips to the same rhythm as hers. Arthur shook his head at us, then laughed. I turned around and moved to Arthur. Vanessa did the same. I took one of his hand, then tried to make him dance. I closed my eyes, letting the music take over my body.

I was here to relax.

To party.

I felt a hand grab my waist and pulled me. I turned around to see Remy. I gulped and danced. I was trying to behave as if nothing happened in the car. Suddenly, all the memories of out friendship came in my head. By the way he was looking at me, I knew that his feelings were real and hurting him was the last thing I would ever do. He pulled me closer to him. He was staring at me so intensely. I knew that something was going to happen. He was leaning in.

He was going to kiss me.

His eyes were now closed.

My eyes moved to Vanessa's. She was not dancing anymore. She was looking at me. Arthur frowned at what was happening. Before Remy's lips touched me, I pulled away. He opened his eyes. Betrayal flashed in them. I took a deep breath before shaking my head.

"Don't follow me" I simply said as I walked out of the dance floor. I made my way to where the smoker go. The security guard opened the door for me and i quickly stepped onto a narrow road. I need to breathe.

It was the wrong place to come.

Smoke filled up the road. There were a few group of people on the road. I walk until there was a spot clear. I lean against the wall and took a deep breath. Everything was going to be fine.