Chapter 8: The actual fuck?

"Is it him that you want?" I asked. I have now changed in a pair of jeans and a top. I had the gun to Alec's head and I was so tempted to actually pressed the trigger. The four men turned to look at me. They all lifted their guns and pointed in my direction. I could feel myself shaking for a few seconds but Alec moved, to remind me that I didn't have time for weakness.

"Who the fuck are you?" One of the men asked. I rose one of my eyebrows. My eyes then shifted to my friends who were sitting on the floor, with their hands tied behind their backs.

"Didn't your parents show you manner?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. One of the men opened their mouth to talk, but I quickly shook my head. He surprisingly shut his mouth. "Listen" I started. "You let them go, or I kill him" I said. I smirked slightly to show them that I was not kidding. Maybe I was. But as long as they didn't know, I was good.

"You won't do that" One man said while chuckling. "Why kill him if you want to save his family?" He asked. He walked to Vanessa and nudged her head roughly. Vanessa whimpered in pain but kept her head down.

"Would you take the risk?" I asked him, pressing the hard harder in Alec's head. He didn't flinch. It was as if he was used to that. "So, you let all of them go out of the house" I started. "All of them" I repeated. They just stood there, staring at me. "The clock is ticking" I quickly added.

"She won't do that" One of the men mumbled.

"We need him alive. We can't risk it" The one who seemed to be the leader responded.

"Exactly!" I sighed. "So stop losing my time" I told them. Arthur was looking at me in pure awe disbelief. Where did that confidence come from?

"Stop playing smart" The man snapped at me. I clenched my jaws, then pushed Alec a few steps away from me. Okay. He was pretty heavy. I aimed at his arm and without any second thought so that I wouldn't overthink it, I pulled the trigger. The force of the gun pushed my hand a lil bit backwards. The bullet went through his arm, making everyone gasp in the room. Alec didn't make a sound but his jaws were clenched and his hand was now on his arm.

"Bitch" He muttered.

"Do you want another one on your leg, Alec?" I asked.

"Get out" The men ordered. Ian, Clara, Vanessa and Arthur were looking at me. I gestured them to go. "Make sure that they are out of the house" He said to one of his men. The latter gave one curt nod, then followed my friends outside.

"Santiano sent you here, didn't he?" Alec asked with a humorless chuckle.

"You killed his brother" The man spat.

Killed? Am I in a fucking movie?

I didn't have time to think about it when suddenly, one of the windows broke and soon, the three men were on the floor, bleeding out. I took a few steps backwards. The gun fell from my hands. Alec turned to look at me. Okay. He was not looking. He was glaring.

"I need a fucking explanation" I breathed out. Alec didn't respond. He simply picked the gun up. The blood was oozing out of his arm but it was as if he felt nothing. I was lost. I heard people running back in the house. I turned my head to see Vanessa and Arthur.

"One of them ran away" Vanessa busted out. "As soon as he heard the shots, he ran away" she continued. She then came to me, her eyes trailed on my body, most probably inspecting for any wounds.

"I told you to leave!" Ian yelled. His anger was directed towards Alec,who was standing there, no emotions on his face. He was assessing the house. "This is what fucking happens when you don't fucking listen" It was the first time I saw Ian angry. Clara was simply standing next to him, her hands wrapped around his. She seemed to be deeply disappointed.