Chapter 22: Catch up

Upon walking into the kitchen, I could sense that my cheeks were red as hell. I didn't know how to feel about this whole situation. Seeing Alec sitting next to Debbie made me realise that my early action was so reckless and stupid. It was unlike me to masturbate on a man who already has a girlfriend. But to my defence, this man was unlike all the others. He had something that was attracted me to him. I never really thought that one day I would grow close to Alec.

"Oh good morning! How are you?" Debbie asked with her cheery self. I felt guilty. I simply forced a smile on my face and responded.

"Good morning. I am good. What about you?" I asked as I walked further in the kitchen. I pulled the chair that was opposite Debby's then sat down. On the table, I could see that food was already prepared. There was toast, jam, tea and coffee. Seeing the flowers in the vase, I instantly knew that one of the maid had prepared the table. I somehow, could not imagine Alec setting the table for breakfast. The fruits that were perfectly sliced, was set on a wooden plate. I think it was the first time I was having a proper breakfast with people in this house. My mouth watered at the sight of the different foods that were in front of me: Strawberries, apples, pears, mango, pineapple And so many other fruits. I looked around the kitchen. Suddenly, everything seemed more interesting than the two people who were sitting in front of me. I didn't know why I couldn't look at them in their eyes.

Well, I did sleep next to Debbie's boyfriend.

And I did masturbate while thinking of Alec.

I cleared my throat before starting the conversation. It was awkward on my side. The good thing was that Debbie had no idea of what was going on. In fact, nothing was going on. I was just overtaken by a pure moment of lust And I believe that it was something that I should be keeping to myself and only myself. Who would confide to someone about having some sexual imagination with their partner?

"So, What are we celebrating?" I asked innocently. I fiddled with the spoon and a fork that was placed in front of me. My white plate was still very much empty. But still, I was playing with my fork on it as if there was food.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is me reacting awkwardly to an awkward situation that I created.

"Oh! I just thought that it would be nice to catch up" Debbie said as she picked up a few pieces of fruit with the help of a tong. She was so nice and I felt so bad. I knew that it was unlike me to behave the way I did. I also know that I am overreacting over something that I did not do. I closed my eyes for an instance and mentally told myself that I did not sleep with that man.

"That's really nice of you'' I responded. I took a piece of toast followed with the strawberry jam. My eyes briefly met those of Alec. Loyal to his normal self, he had a frown on his face. He was staring at me as if I was some puzzle.

"What are your plans for today?" Debbie asked while munching on her food.

Don't talk when eating! And please close your mouth!

"Planning on resting" I answered. I honestly didn't feel like going out. I was still feeling tired from yesterday's mission. Weirdly enough, I was not tired physically. It was all happening in my head and it was something that I needed to take care of. All this time,  Alec was completely quiet. He was observing the situation and most probably how I was dealing with it. "What about you guys?" I asked just to be polite.

"Oh" Debbie started, sounding disappointed by my answer. "I was planning to go do some shopping with you" she continued.

Ouh, She knew how to make me feel bad.

"I think you need to rest" Alec said monotonously. "You've had a hard night" he added before taking a quick sip at his coffee. Debbie simply looked at me in confusion. I knew that she must have had a lot of questions, but she seemed to be scared to ask anything. "I'll be working in my office" Alec said as he stood up.