Chapter 2: Stolen Kiss

"Why are you so silent?" Remy asked me as he started driving. I rolled my eyes, then turned to look at him in disbelief.

"I have been in the car for less than ten seconds, boy. Let me breathe" I gasped. I took my leather jacket off me, then threw it in the back seat. I opened the gloves box that was in front of me, and pulled a packet of gummy bears out of it. Remy always have a stash of candy in his car. I wonder how he keeps up with the muscles. I turned the music on before turning my head to look at Remy. He was wearing a blue shirt and a black pants. He had that habit of clenching his jaws whenever he would be focusing hard on something.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked as I made myself comfortable in the seat. I noticed that he turned his face in my direction before turning his attention back to the road. Remy shook his head lightly before chuckling. I looked at him, quite puzzled by his reaction. What was so funny? Did I accidentally smudge my lipstick? I pulled my little pocket mirror and looked at my reflection in it.

There was nothing wrong.

"What?" I questioned, a little bit more frustrated by the fact that I couldn't get what was actually funny?

"It's seriously nothing" he said, his voice near to a whisper. I knew that he was lying. Is it bad that I grew to know Remy like the back of my hands.

"Remy, I know you" I muttered, my stares slowly turning into glares. "I know that there something going on in that pretty head of yours" I continued. He turned to look at me again. There was a spark in his eyes that I couldn't decipher. "You better tell me" I warned.

"Or what?" He dared.

"Don't go there" I threatened playfully.

"Or what?" he dared again. I clenched my jaws, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Why are you trying to push my buttons, Remy?" I asked.

"I don't know" He shrugged. I stayed quiet. My eyes never left Remy's face. There was something in his head. Something was most likely bothering him and he was not telling me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my serious tone on.

"I was thinking about something, Nora" he told me, his eyes not leaving the road. He seemed so serious. This was making me nervous. Remy was rarely that tensed.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Why does it necessary have to be wrong?" he asked me, with rose eyebrows.

"Since when do you think?" I scoffed. "Something must be wrong" I joked. He gulped. I was probably being too hard on him. "You can tell me when you're ready" I added. "I hope that you do know that I am here for you" Remy nodded, a smile forming on his face slowly. "There it is!" I exclaimed. "That beautiful smile" I continued.

During the ride, we didn't talk much. We danced and sang to the song that was playing. We would talk about all and everything but we didn't talk about whatever was bothering him. I think that was the best thing to do. I didn't like people pressuring me to open up, so why should I do that to him? Remy soon parked the car on a narrow road that was next to the club. The club's parking lot would be full by now. I unhooked my belt, opened the door to see whether it was cold outside.

"It's not cold" Remy answered my unspoken question. I decided that it would be better to leave my jacket in the car. I picked up the small candy bag to put it back in the gloves box when suddenly Remy's hand touch mine. I turned to look at him. I was not quite registering what was happening at that moment. I moved his hand, then frowned.

"I can put it myself" I said, thinking that he was going to close the glove box himself. Remy looked nervous. When I was done, I closed the box, then turned to look at him. He seemed so vulnerable. He took my hands again in his. His body was fully turned in my direction. He moved me slightly so that I was now facing him. He was looking at me. I didn't know what to do. I was going to open my mouth to talk. I was most probably going to ramble something incoherent. I felt like the car was getting smaller in each and every seconds. Why was he looking at me like this?