Chapter 40: So close, Yet so Far!

Alec walked out of the mirror room. He ordered everyone out, except one man. That was when I recognised Thomas. He was the driver who helped me out of club. He stood by the door, his eyes fixed on Jace. He didn't react to my presence. He was in his character.

And it seemed like a dark one.

It was only when Alec motioned me to come in the other room, that I realised how messed up this was going to be. I inhaled deeply, straightened my back and shook my hands slightly.

This fucker had ruined my life.

It was time for me to take it back.

As I walked to the door, I couldn't help the sudden excitement that burst through my veins. The idea of torturing Jace, was enticing. A grin unconsciously formed on my face as I walked in the room where Jace was tied up. My eyes quickly moved to Alec who seemed to be searching for something behind my eyes.

Wrong timing, buddy.

I was somehow thirsty for revenge.

I nodded curtly in Alec's direction to indicate him that he could leave. I was surprised when he actually did, without hesitation. Jace was staring at me. Then, his eyes moved to Alec's retreating figure. A scoff escaped his lips as he then glared at me. I pulled a chair and placed it in front of him.

Close enough for him to touch me.

But with his tied hands, there was nothing he could do.

So close, yet so far.

I knew Jace like the back of my hand. He was possessive. He was controlling and I knew that he wanted me to himself. He loved me in his own twisted and disgusting way.

And yes.

I was going to ruin him.

Slow and painful.

I was surprised by how dark my thoughts were turning into. The environment definitely shapes a person. I was slowly getting tainted. And I was loving it.

I felt powerful.

I controlled.

Uno Fucking Reverse, Jace.

"Aren't you going to say anything, Evanora?" Jace questioned ironically. I rose one of my eyebrows quizzically. I tried not to cringe when I heard him call me Evanora. He was the one who made me hate it.

The only person who still calls me Evanora is Alec.

"Jace" I breathed while I crossed my legs and tapped my chin. I pushed my hair off my shoulder and smiled. "It feels so good to see you again" I said with sarcasm while keeping my smile. "Reminds me of good times, you know?" I pressed with a chuckle.

"Except this time, I'm tied up" Jace joked. My eyes snapped in his direction. I kept my smile despite the urge to slap him. He had the audacity to joke about it.

"How does it feel Jace? To feel like this? To be tied up?" I asked him tauntingly. I watched as his jaws clenched and his eyes dropped to the floor. He then chuckled cold before his eyes snapped to mine again.

"You think this will stop me?" Jace asked before laughing. I shrugged then rested my back against the chair.

"You or your gang?" I asked.

"You will always belong to me, Evanora. Remember that you're mine" Jace snapped. "And the gang was just a quick way to get to you" he chuckled. "I saw that you were friends with Vanessa Sin. So I got in to see you. I figured everything out when I saw your untouched apartment" Jace said. I blinked a few times.

What?

"Meeting me was not a coincidence. I knew that they were stupid enough to let you in" Jace scoffed. "And me being here is not a coincidence" he added smoothly.

"Why?" I questioned, totally confused by this sudden reveal.

"You are mine" Jace simply said.

"You didn't do all that because of me" I snapped.

"I did. The gang is just a benefit" Jace shrugged.

"What's the point?" I asked.

"The point is I got to you" Jace said. "I used the gang. They didn't use me. Nobody can use me, Evanora" he chuckled before eyeing me up again. "You have changed. You look grown" he continued. His eyes stopped at my waist and he ran his tongue on his lower lip before speaking again. "Curvier" he added as his eyes met mine. Lust and evil were definitely in there.

"And now what, Jace?" I questioned, showing him that I was unfazed by the new trick that he has just pulled. I knew that we needed to expect the unexpected with him.

"And now you decide" Jace simply shrugged. "This is my proof to you that I am at your mercy" he said, his eyes moving to the floor. "I know that whatever I feel for you is real" he continued before he scoffed. "I was stupid. I did shit. I accept" I blinked a few times, registering what was currently happening. Jace was insane.

He was obsessed.

"But Evanora, I remember the love too. You forgot about it. You forgot about our good times" he kept on talking. I didn't forget our good times. Flashbacks of Jace and I, during the good phase of our relationship, swam back in my head.

When he took me on our first date to the Park at night.

When he gifted me my first ring.

When we had Christmas dinner at home.

"I was not in a good place mentally. I was so harsh with you" Jace sounded like he truly regretted the pain he's put me through.

That son of a bitch has always been a good actor.

"But here I am. Vulnerable as ever, confessing my feelings again. I keep doing that over and over again, Evanora. You don't believe in our love. I know you love me too" I stared at the floor at he spoke. I needed to use this in our advantage.

Make him believe that I believe him.

It was high time for me to play the same game as Jace.