Chapter 36: What could go wrong?

I thought that I was going to be sick but I felt good. I was sitting on the couch, switching between channels. Alec fell asleep on the couch next to me. I was bored. Alec had his hands wrapped around my waist. I felt like I needed to stretch my legs a little bit. I slowly moved his hands to be able to stand but I was quickly pulled back on the couch. Alec groaned. His eyes were still closed. He had no shirt on. His body was so muscular. I didn't know whether I was going to get used to this sight. His messy hair made him look so cute.

Shaking my head, I pushed myself off the couch. Alec's eyes opened in shock, then when he finally saw me, a frown formed on his perfect face. I could help but notice the multiples scars that adorned his chest. I remember treating one of them, which was a knife stab.

"What are you doing?" He asked lazily. His fever was gone. He looked slightly better. He now just needed some sleep in order to get rid of the bags that were under his eyes. Even this looked good on him.

"I needed to stretch my legs" I said.

"You're done. Come back here" he demanded. He sounded so serious that I scoffed. Alec was actually serious. I didn't even bother look at him as I walked out of the living room. While humming a song, i reached the kitchen. I heard a phone ringing from the island bench. I frowned, knowing that it wasn't mine. It was Alec's. I walked to it to see Vanessa's name flashing. I quickly answered the call, excited that I was able to talk to her after so long.

"Hello!" I greeted cheerfully.

"Eva?" Vanessa said with relief in her voice.

"Yes. I miss you" I breathed.

"I miss you too. Where is Alec?" She asked. The seriousness in her voice was making me nervous.

"Wait" I said before running to the living room. Alec was wide awake and he was the one switching between the channels now. "Vanessa wants to talk to you" I told him.

"What is my phone doing with you?" Alec asked. His jaws were clenched. He seemed angry but he was trying to control it.

"It was in the kitchen when it rang" I told him hesitantly. I was confused to why he was getting pissed off. "It was Vanessa so I figured out that I could pick it up" I explained. He pulled the phone with me.

"If this was a fucking trap, we would have been in deep shit" Alec spat. The change of mood was shocking. I gulped and nodded my head like the good girl that I was.

Fuck this.

"Good thing that it wasn't a fucking trap then" I snapped back before sitting on the couch. Alex knew damn well how to ruin his cute side. He was going all mafia boss shit on me. He blatantly ignored me as he put the phone by his ear.

"What is happening?" He demanded over the phone. He quickly pulled the phone away from his ear then put it on loud speaker. I guessed that Vanessa instructed him to do so as judging by his facial expression, he didn't seem to agree with this. "What is it, Vanessa?" Alec demanded again. He was really impatient. I rolled my eyes.

"We were able to capture one of them" Vanessa announced. "The thing is that they are keeping track on our every moves and they also have their men posted on each and every hideouts that we have" she breathed.

"Is that man worth it?" Alec asked. "If he's not important, just kill him" the way he said that, made him seem so heartless. I blinked several times to register the conversation that was going on.

"It's Jace" Vanessa said. My breath hitched. My attention turned to the phone. "He is currently the right hand of the gang" she continued.

"Kill him" Alec ordered.

"No" the words escaped my lips unconsciously. Alec turned his attention to me. He was not glaring as I was expecting. He was staring at me with a frown. He was trying to figure out what was happening in my head.

"What?" Alec finally asked me. His tone was softer. This concerned me personally. I knew that one of the main reasons of the rival gang  coming after us, was because of Jace. I also understood that he was one of the most trusted members of the rival gang.

"Bring him here" I said as I stood up. If there was someone who was supposed to get back at him, it was me. All the atrocities that he made me go through, were motivating me to make him suffer like I did.

"Are you fucking insane?" Alec laughed humorlessly.

"We might get some crucial information from him on how to destroy the other gang" I explained.

"Why do you want him here?" Alec asked. I was about to open my mouth to speak but he quickly shook his head. "Why do you really want him here and alive?" He asked me.

"Guys, its really not time for this!" Vanessa hissed on the phone. "I agree with Eva" she continued. "She knows him better than we do. She'll get the information quicker than us" she explained.

"There is no fucking way Evanora is going any near that bastard!" Alec's voice boomed around the house. What is going on with Alec?

"Alec, you will fucking kill the guy before he can even disclose any fucking information! I don't know what the fuck is going on with you but I'm having Austin bring down Jace to you guys" Vanessa finally bursted out. Alec ended the call without waiting for Vanessa to finish. He glared at me before stomping out of the living room. The man who has been torturing me was going to pay us a visit. I was not feeling threaten at all. I somehow felt safe knowing that Alec was going to be around. I quickly jumped off the couch and followed Alec. He was standing on the balcony. It was cold outside.

"What is happening?" I asked him calmly. He turned to look at me. There was no emotion on his face except anger and hatred.

"Why the fuck would you want the man who tortured you, to come in the same fucking house that you're staying in?" Alec's voice rose a little bit. He was angry as fuck. I shrugged before taking in a deep breath.

"He's going to be locked in a room, most probably tied to a chair and he is going to be tortured by you for informations" I said. "What could go wrong?" I asked him."You guys are going to get the information that you need" I continued. Alec scoffed in disbelief.

"You do know what's going to happen when we get the information, right?" Alec asked with a humorless chuckle. "We are going to kill him" he said casually.

"I'm fine with that" I told him. That was what he deserved. He deserved to die. I wanted to be the one torturing him. I wanted to be the last person Jace sees before dying. I wanted to make him feel all the suffering he made me feel. Alec moved closer to me so that his forehead was nearly touching mine.

"If you come in between" Alec started slowly and menacingly. "I will not hesitate to kill you" he said. My eyes widened in shock. I felt betrayed. "Just because I fucked you, doesn't mean I wouldn't hesitate to kill you" he said. Why did I always have to get attached to these kind of assholes? I knew that sex didn't mean anything for him. I was the stupid one who thought that maybe there was something in there.

"Why did you lose your time bringing me here, Alec Sin?" I asked him, a smirk playing on my lips. I didn't want to show him that I was hurt by his words. "You're plain stupid" I laughed. "I won't come in between you and the man who tortured me, you stupid fuck" my voice was so casual but it held so much hate. Alec was staring at me. He was staring at me as if I was a freaking enigma. I started making my way back to inside the house then I quickly stopped. "And yeah, we're not fucking anymore" I said with a shrug.