Chapter 37: Pure

I was pulled back. Hands wrapped themselves around my waist. My back was pressed against Alec's hard chest. His head was buried in my neck and he inhaled deeply. I put my hands on his, trying to push him away from me. I didn't understand him. I never knew what was going in his mind. I wanted to show him that I was not just a little puppy to him. But his warmth was everything my body was dying for. Instead of trying to escape from his grasp, i was squirming in want.

"You want me" Alec whispered in my ear. My eyes instantly closed, appreciating the closeness. "I don't know why you think it's a good idea to have him over here" he started whike turning me around. His tone was calmer. My eyes met his as he spoke to me. "But I will torture that piece of shit. I don't know whether it's going to hurt you if you see him like that" I quickly stopped him by shaking my head.

"You don't know me" I simply said. "You don't know what I've been through. You know nothing about me, Alec" I said.

"Then tell me" I was surprised as these words escaped his lips. I turned around. His breath was fanning all over my face. I stared at his eyes, my jaws clenched slightly thinking about all the horrible things that I've lived through.

"Jace raped me, night after night. When I would try to run away, he would tie me to the bed, beat me up until I faint. When I would wake up, he would torture me to punish me" His eyes held an unknown emotion as he stared at me. His hands loosen themselves around my waist. The hatred that was coating my words, proved that I still held so much in my heart. "When I thought that nothing worst could happen, he brought his best friend to fuck me" I chuckled humorlessly before pushing his hands completely off my hips. "You think that it's going to hurt me to see him getting tortured?" I asked before shaking my head. "This is the thing that I have been waiting for so long, Alec" I breathed. Before I could take a step away from him, his right hand wrapped itself around my waist again, pulling me closer to him.

"How am I supposed not to kill him knowing all that?" He asked me slowly, anger slipping in his tone. Alec Sin managed to have me wrapped around his little finger without me knowing. All I wanted right now, was him. I didn't know whether it was purely sexual or because I was simply blatantly attracted to him.

"Because we need him for the information" I said. I put my hand on his face then caressed his cheek slowly. He was so beautiful. His face seemed as if he was a piece of art made by the gracious hands of God himself. I could feel his eyes on my face as I studied him. When my eyes finally met his, I deciphered emotions in them.

Feeling that this moment was getting too much, I gently pulled away from him. I didn't know how I went from someone who despised him to someone who cared for him. I wasn't complaining. Alec, without his asshole self, was very endearing. I was scared. I was scared that I was getting too attached. I was leading myself to my own pain.

"Enough of talking" I finally said while fake yawning. "I'm sleepy" I told him before turning my back to him.

"I'll come in a few" he simply said. He was planning on sleeping next to me again. I didn't know whether it was a good thing or not. I nodded before running up the stairs. My arms wrapped themselves around myself as realization finally struck me.

Jace was going to be held captive here. He was going to be in the same house that I was sleeping in. I didn't know whether I would be at peace with that information. But knowing Jace, he wasn't going to crack any information easily. If there was one person who was going to be able to extract anything from him, that was going to be me. I knew his weaknesses. I also knew that I was going to have to handle him and Alec. Alec's anger was unpredictable.

When I got into the room, I quickly changed into my night dress. I ran my fingers on the silky texture of the dress. It was so smooth. My mind wandered to another reality where I didn't have to deal with all these complications. It wandered to an alternative world where Jace never came into my life. I closed my eyes, knowing that trying to imagine that life was going to cause me more pain than anything else.

I got into bed, turned on my side and took in a deeo breath. The blanket was so smooth. I felt safe where I was. I was no longer going to feel that safe. I had no one else to blame except me. I knew that If I hadn't propose that idea, I was going to keep on living my life in hiding. I no longer wanted that. I wanted freedom.

But freedom had a price.

The door opened, breaking my trail of thoughts. Alec walked to the bed, stripped down naked and got in next to me. I turned around so that I was now facing him. My hand was under my head while the other one was simply on the bed. He mimicked me. The silence was deafening. He was sleeping staring at me with his beautiful eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him as he stared at me for a few minutes. He licked his lower lip before closing his eyes for a few seconds.

"You wouldn't like my thoughts, Evanora" he said, his voice coming out in a whisper.

"Too dark for my innocent self?" I questioned teasingly. He squinted his eyes before taking in a deep breath.

"I'm thinking about the most painful ways to torture that asshole. I was thinking about ripping his nails off his fingers. I was thinking about cutting off his tongue. I was thinking about tearing down his e-" I quickly stopped him as my eyes widened. I gulped, knowing that he might have already done that to other people before.

"I get it" I quickly interjected.

"I wonder" he started hesitantly. "I wonder why would he do something like to someone like you?" He asked. This sentence seemed so unreal coming from him. But again, Alec had the tendency to surprise me. He had a side of him that I was sure no one saw except me.

"Someone like me?" I asked in confusion.

"Someone so pure" he answered.